Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

?????BIg Question ???????????

Am running a H1 Supercharger with a 1 hks blow off valve install in my riva intercooler i have been told that is best to put 2 or 3 bov is that right and if it is where would it be best to mount them

+1
    I heard 5 BOVs is best.

no comment on that response

+1
    I am not sure were you would put a 2nd BOV.

+1
    OK, here is a serious response. If you need to run 2 or possibly 3 BOVs to relieve excess pressure, then IMO, you don't have the right BOV. There are 1000+ HP cars pushing 30+ pounds of boost who only run 1 BOV. Just food for thought.

I'm not bashing. I have an HKS on my ski currently, but I am looking to swap it out for something else the first chance I get. I'm tired of the noise from the HKS anyway and have heard very good feedback from those running Tial or Greddy valves.

+1
    ONE VALVE IS FINE! Like what Hitman said , 1000+hp cars only run one. Your not really talking big boost at 20psi.

Yeah man like I said I dint think ether it was nesecery but I alway before doin anything ask for advise am new working with these motor and this is not a seadoo that the Slips are cheap these clutch are Like 400 dollars

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by RxPneco View Post
    Yeah man like I said I dint think ether it was nesecery but I alway before doin anything ask for advise am new working with these motor and this is not a seadoo that the Slips are cheap these clutch are Like 400 dollars
    You are going to have NOTHING BUT clutch trouble with that 20 pound boost wheel so get used to it.

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by hitman View Post
    You are going to have NOTHING BUT clutch trouble with that 20 pound boost wheel so get used to it.
    Yamaha has prereleased the upgraded 2011 spec supercharger clutch for the SHO engines. We are running this clutch in our Stage III FZR & FX-SHO and have no failures to report to date.

It is important to note and understand that the original spec clutch performed as intended. Recognizing that the majority of FX-SHO & FZ owners are heavily modifying their craft Yamaha opted to upgrade the clutch in effort to reduce the possibility of failures with modified craft. However, it is possible that a failure could occur and will not be covered under any type of warranty due to the inherent nature of the wear and tear components are subjected to on modified craft.

+1
    You think the "majority" of FZ/FX SHO owers are "heavily modifying their craft? Really?

That clutch is not bulletproof. Riva and R&D have had the redesigned clutches for months and guess what, they are not indestructible. But don't take my word for it. They're not that bad to replace, but kind of expensive.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information