Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Question RXP NEW SUPERCHARGER AND ONLY 62 mph! why?

Hey, i guess im going to need some experts in here. i've got a 2005 RXP, i bought it with 13 hours, and when it had 23 hours the supercharger broke! i was informed about the supercharger rings that had to be replaced, and they efectively were replaced as confirmed by the mantenaince responsible. THE SUPERCHARGER WAS REPLACED, and when i got to try it out, it only reached around 60mph, wich i confirmed with a gps! AND NOW IT NO LONGER HAS IT'S CARACTERISTIC POWER! its really slow going out of the water compared to another RXP as i tried like a drag race with a friend. THE RPMS ARE OK, like 8000, 8100 i cant be exact right now.

the problem is, that no dealer or mantainer here is able to solve me the problem! they say there is nothing they can do. im not even saying where im from because im so angry with this situation and so ashamed of my country.

i would really like to have some sugestions so that at least, i can advise the oficial dealer who's repairing my ski and has no idea of what it has...

thanks a lot...waiting urgently for a solution

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ethnyk View Post
    Hey, i guess im going to need some experts in here. i've got a 2005 RXP, i bought it with 13 hours, and when it had 23 hours the supercharger broke! i was informed about the supercharger rings that had to be replaced, and they efectively were replaced as confirmed by the mantenaince responsible. THE SUPERCHARGER WAS REPLACED, and when i got to try it out, it only reached around 60mph, wich i confirmed with a gps! AND NOW IT NO LONGER HAS IT'S CARACTERISTIC POWER! its really slow going out of the water compared to another RXP as i tried like a drag race with a friend. THE RPMS ARE OK, like 8000, 8100 i cant be exact right now.

the problem is, that no dealer or mantainer here is able to solve me the problem! they say there is nothing they can do. im not even saying where im from because im so angry with this situation and so ashamed of my country.

i would really like to have some sugestions so that at least, i can advise the oficial dealer who's repairing my ski and has no idea of what it has...

Sounds like your right on with the RPMs, should be running well over 60 to atleast 65. Check your pump and impeller real close, at only 13 hrs the pump should be perfect. Make sure you don't have a bent blade. It doesn't take much to cause these things to loose top end speed. Does it cavitate on a hard take off?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ethnyk View Post

Have the dealer check and see if the intake grate is broken and hanging down, or have them check to see if the pump shoe is cracked and or peeling back as these things will definetly slow your ski down.

they checked the impeller and said it was ok, and im always careful where i ride it. the blade is fine. the only thing is, the problem isn't only the topspeed. the whole machine doesn't seem ok =/ it doesnt have that power when it comes from zero, i press full throtle and then it doesnt come out of the water as for example my friend's RXP does! i dont understand the meaning of cavitate, but i assume that's what you mean if the ski is there acelerating and doing loads of noise but just doesn't get out of the water real quickly and doesnt hit the initial topspeed! there's a huge diference between before/after the new supercharger, even the sound it produces, i dont find it the same anymore...thanks a lot

Banned User
    +1
    Does it bounce on and off the rev limiter when you nail it from standing still?
    Or does it just bog down?

+1
    Make sure all the hoses to the charger are tight, especially between the charger and the throttle body. Also, why was the charger replaced? did it come apart such as broken washers? or was t "replaced" or rebuilt just to get rid of the OEM ceramc washers?

+1
    If your washers failed, where the pieces removed from your engine? If not then your engine is a ticking time bomb and eventually will incur damage due to the washers either catching in your internals or clogging your oil passage and not feeding your engine enough oil.

Cavitation can be caused by tge following: your engine being unaligned, broken engine mount, bad wear ring, or an old driveshaft boot.

+1
    welcome to the forum ethnyk

Banned User
    +1
    You need to be sure of your RPM's at WOT...Check again, we need to know the right number before we can proprly help.

+1
    sounds like a wear ring or something cause the rpms are good, nothing wrong with the engine

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information