New 94 Waveblaster questions and help

Just picked up a 94 waveblaster from the original owner and in great shape. Looking to thoroughly go over the ski and address all potential issues, carb issues, oil injection block off, possible bilge pump, hood seal issues, fuel lines and selector valve. Any suggestions and help or advice is very much appreciated and welcomed. First time messing with one of these and hoping to get it out in the surf with my 98 xpl and friends. I started with the carb issues by eliminating selector valve and checking fuel, baffle and lines. I have a line going straight off the tank to the carb and still having issues so thinking the carb is the issue. I have 155 or so compression in both cylinders and am happy with the lack of noise coming from the engine. Planning to eliminate the oil injection and go with a hopefully recommended mixture of around 40:1 is my guess. Also suffering from an infrequent starting issue that seems to be a solenoid or something similar where the starter doesn't engage and after pressing the button ten times the starter spins and everything fires right up. Please any and all information welcomed and I plan to search out as much as possible as well. What am i going to have to add to the ski in order to get it out in the surf and powerful enough to launch my 180 pound self high. A manual would also be a big help as some of the stuff inside the ski is unidentifiable and seems to be useless. Thank you to all

+1
    1. Premix for sure... 40:1 is good
    2. Stock it has a single 44 SBN carb...rebuild it including the check valves.
    3. Compression is great
    4. Surf riding, get a 13/17 Concord "Solas" ...great all around prop and cheap.
    5. Top loader intake grate "WORX 201" is very popular but will slow it down in lake/river riding
    6. Dump the stock battery and get a Sealed battery for sure.
    7. Install a bilge...and also use the OEM one.
    8. Install a good head to get compression to 175 psi for more grunt
    9. Factory limited or MOD pipe for serious serious gains.
    10. Relay could be bad and or the bar switch....both are cheap.
    11. I have the OEM service manual...but you need to provide a hosting site to allow me to put it up since you can't email it.

M

Thanks for the upgrade advice, I am currently rebuilding the carb and am wondering what the stock arm spring weight is supposed to be. The current spring is the 65 gram spring and it doesn't seem to be correct. The kit I am looking to get for the rebuild is a mikuni kit for super bn 38-46, is this the right kit for this ski? I was able to get a manual and it says the stock jets should be 115 low and 135 high. The jets are correct and i know the carb has been rebuilt by the seller but didnt run properly afterward. Hood seal isn't in the best of shape and im not really looking to pay top dollar for an oem replacement.

+1
    Stock spring is 115 gram with a 2.5 N/S

The manual I have says that the stock needle and seat are 1.5, I thought that was pretty standard on these older Yamaha's.

+1
    1.5 sorry was talkign while typing

Im having trouble getting the pop off up to 55psi, i have a solid pop off gauge and with the highest weight spring and a properly rebuilt carb I am only getting about 45 psi. I have the spring arm bent pretty far over and am still not able to get 55, any suggestions are appreciated.

Thread Information