Thread: What next ?

Hueneme Beach Ca.

What next ?

It's been almost a month since I did anything to my ski. Like any self respecting addict, I need a little something to take the edge off.
    I have intake, exhaust, huge intercooler, blow off valve, Riva B1 SC wheel, R2 reflash, R&D ride plate and grate so far.
    It runs 78.3 but I need more.
    I have the stock impeller but I'm not sure I want to change that until I've got more horsepower under the hood.
    If I put an impeller on it now will I definately have to change it when I put the E1 wheel and powershot on it?
    What impeller is recommended for the mods I have now or should I put on the E1 and Powershot and then figure out which impeller ?
    Just looking to do things in an order that makes sense.

+1
    I think you can do a lot better than 78.3 on the setup you have. You are leaving speed on the table somewhere, and even if you throw more boost at it, you will still be low on speed until you figure out what you're missing or what is slowing you down.

Do you know what RPM you're turning at WOT on smooth water?

+1
    You'll want to tune your impeller/pump setup to your mods, so IMO wait until you have the E1 installed. It takes some trial & error to get the results you want, so the effort getting it dialed in for the B1 will be wasted if you plan to run more power soon anyway.

A digital tach is an essential tool you'll need when you start tuning the impeller. I don't have a rec for you on the pitch you'll need because I've never run an E1, but the first thing you need to decide before breaking out the plastic is decide what the goal is...higher top speed, better holeshot/hookup/acceleration or a compromise of the two. There are a lot more things that go into reaching that result besides the impeller...different pumps$$$(larger diameter/more veins), exit nozzle size, different pump cones, etc.

My advice is to look over Jerry's results & results of other trusted tuners like Jim's Performance & 2Fast4U. There's lots of people on here that know what they're doing who can help you, but there's lots of bad advice floating around as well. Also, it's not necessary to buy a new impeller every time you want a different pitch. I prefer using Impros for my impeller reworks because I know it will come back trued, & he also welds up the blades after changing pitch so the clearances stay tight with the wear ring...costs less than $100.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    You'll want to tune your impeller/pump setup to your mods, so IMO wait until you have the E1 installed. It takes some trial & error to get the results you want, so the effort getting it dialed in for the B1 will be wasted if you plan to run more power soon anyway.

A digital tach is an essential tool you'll need when you start tuning the impeller. I don't have a rec for you on the pitch you'll need because I've never run an E1, but the first thing you need to decide before breaking out the plastic is decide what the goal is...higher top speed, better holeshot/hookup/acceleration or a compromise of the two. There are a lot more things that go into reaching that result besides the impeller...different pumps$$$(larger diameter/more veins), exit nozzle size, different pump cones, etc.

My advice is to look over Jerry's results & results of other trusted tuners like Jim's Performance & 2Fast4U. There's lots of people on here that know what they're doing who can help you, but there's lots of bad advice floating around as well. Also, it's not necessary to buy a new impeller every time you want a different pitch. I prefer using Impros for my impeller reworks because I know it will come back trued, & he also welds up the blades after changing pitch so the clearances stay tight with the wear ring...costs less than $100.

+100. I personally like skat props

Hueneme Beach Ca.
    OK, So I put on the E1 wheel and Powershot today.
    I'll have a bung for my wideband tomorrow.
    Does anyone know what they set the limiter at on the R2 program?
    I'm not quite sure what to expect from this setup. I hear it's a pretty major difference between the B1 and E1 wheel. (I hope!)

Quote Originally Posted by Vettepro View Post
    OK, So I put on the E1 wheel and Powershot today.
    I'll have a bung for my wideband tomorrow.
    Does anyone know what they set the limiter at on the R2 program? They seem to be less than helpful (or friendly) when you call and ask a question.
    I own one of the largest Corvette performance shops in the country. If I acted like they do on the phone, I'd still have the little tiny shop I had 10 years ago.
    I'm not quite sure what to expect from this setup. I hear it's a pretty major difference between the B1 and E1 wheel. (I hope!)
    Wow , go ride it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vettepro View Post
    ...Does anyone know what they set the limiter at on the R2 program? They seem to be less than helpful (or friendly) when you call and ask a question.
    No need to call them--it's in the description: http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...oducts_id=1371.

Thread Information