Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Venturi siphon tubes? What are they for and do you really need them?

Hey guys just finished putting my 83mm nozzle on my 255 that i had ordered right from the dealer! I noticed the new nozzle doesn't come with the siphon tubes and I tried pulling them out of my 87mm nozzle and they broke (plastic) Are they that important? I mean I am going to order new ones but I am real excited to try out my newest mods! 15/22r solas and 83mm nozzle!

Banned User
    +1
    They are used to siphon water out of the hull using the vacuum of water passing the tubes out the nozzle. As long as the rubber tubes are still zip tied higher then the water line (the clear lines inside the hull) you should be fine if the tubes are broke in the nozzle till you fix them

Sweet thanks Mike!

+1
    Im inclined to believe that if you run the ski without the tubes the water is going to be forced into the hoses and fill the bilge up. you better keep your eye on them. The reason being the tubes stick out of the nozzle where there is no pressure just fast moving water. without the tubes the holes are now in the pressurized part of the nozzle which could force water up there. This is the same reason why water is forced into the bilge when you give it too much gas while in reverse

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by GGG View Post
    Im inclined to believe that if you run the ski without the tubes the water is going to be forced into the hoses and fill the bilge up. you better keep your eye on them. The reason being the tubes stick out of the nozzle where there is no pressure just fast moving water. without the tubes the holes are now in the pressurized part of the nozzle which could force water up there. This is the same reason why water is forced into the bilge when you give it too much gas while in reverse

On a stock boat?
    Water goes back up the lines if you gas it hard in reverse?

I don't see how that is possible as the bucket is the only thing that changes, which is after the nozzle.

Unless I read it wrong and you were referring to one without the siphon tubes.

+1
    A nozzle without the tubes will not be nearly as good at siphoning water out AND may definitely push water backwards into the hull instead. The first time you ride it, ride with seat off and test at all rpms ... it is very possible you may get water pushed into the hull without the plastic tubes in the nozzle.

+1
    Unless you have done lots of mods other than an 83 ring and a 15/22 prop your boat is going to lose acceleration and top speed. (and you will drop a bunch of RPMs)

it will not siphon at all and will try to put water into the hull. if the check valve is not working or one of the zip ties pops off ,you will sink the ski. I'm not sure how long it takes but the last 2 ski's I've seen with a one busted siphon nozzle filled the hull up with water.

I experienced this a few weeks ago after putting on a 83mm without the tubes. It will force water into the hull through the tubes. You can watch a stream of water from the hole in the yellow elbows fill your ski at idle. When you get the siphon tubes put them in the freezer for a while before putting them in, you can get them in with the nozzle and venturi on the ski.

Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyburd View Post
    I experienced this a few weeks ago after putting on a 83mm without the tubes. It will force water into the hull through the tubes. You can watch a stream of water from the hole in the yellow elbows fill your ski at idle. When you get the siphon tubes put them in the freezer for a while before putting them in, you can get them in with the nozzle and venturi on the ski.
    +1 Been there done that. You will get water in the hull without the two tubes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information