+1

96 xp 800 rideplate

I was just wondering. Is there a ride plate for the xp? I saw that R&D has an x-tender. Other then that I couldn't find much. Or is the oem rideplate so good that there is no room for improvement. I change my rideplate on all of my craft in the past. I do my riding in the occean and mostly in choppy or rough water. I already changed the oem sponsons for beach house, (altough I broke two of them already) and have an R&D intake grate on it. other then that its stock.

Your going to get several "schools of thought" on ride plate extenders. First, let me say the OE ride plate is very good.
    It's just a little short to control porposing in choppy water. Some people (like me) prefer the 3 degree ride plate extender tabs. Others prefer to shim the OE trim tabs. You will lose less top speed with the shimmed OE trim tabs.
    A good top loader (deep vane) intake grate will also help the X4 from porposing, but again, in glass water, you will lose top speed.
    robert

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Jet Dynamics made a triple concave extended rideplate for the x-4 hulls. They worked very well, but you have to change the pump ring to make the exchange for the rideplate work. I have a set (the pump ring and rideplate). Also, like s/d daddy said, extended trim tabs work also. In any case whatever you should choose, on glass water both systems will cost you some top speed. In choppy or rough water both systems are well worth it.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    Nice yami 500 wave runner lol i had a wave jammer from 90 that was my first ski bud! On the rideplate issue i would keep the stocker, it is going to be a pain in the ass to get the stocker off. I run the 3' R&D trim tabs on my ski and my boat turns awesome, well with the help of the worx sponsens lol. Keep the stock plate.

RETIRED !! In Mobile AL or Wherever I Want To Go
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    Nice yami 500 wave runner lol i had a wave jammer from 90 that was my first ski bud! On the rideplate issue i would keep the stocker, it is going to be a pain in the ass to get the stocker off. I run the 3' R&D trim tabs on my ski and my boat turns awesome, well with the help of the worx sponsens lol. Keep the stock plate.
    Lol,,that pic in my avataar was taken in 1995. We loved that wr500. My 15 year old son and 3 of his buddies could not kill the 500.
    I used a small bottle jack and some wood spacers to remove the stock ride plate from the xp. No issues at all. The extended trim tabs are the easiest way to go. The 3* R&D ones do not cut your top speed as bad.

Thread Information