+1

How to do the oil mode for supercharger?

Hi all,

Was wondering is there a link or how do you do the oil mode for the supercharger.

THanks

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    do a search ..big daddy or speed ski xp did a really nice wright up with lots of pitures on how o

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Here you go.......

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddyRXP View Post
    Since I did this update to my ski this weekend... I thought I would post some pictures, and give anyone interested in doing this a few ideas of whats involved.

First thing you need to do is suck out all your oil, and drain the cooling system. Once this is done, you need to remove the following: jet pump, drive shaft, super charger, and the water pump. At this point you should be looking like this...

Other than the 8 water pump bolts, their are 21 bolts holding the pto cover on. Once you remove all 21, you will also need to remove the 3 lower E10 motor mount braket bolts, and loosen the top one on the left mount, along with the 13mm bolt that goes into the mount itself. This bracket has to move slightly for the cover to come off. If you can hoist the motor up just slightly in the rear, it helps a lot! It also makes it much easier to get to the bottom 3 bolts on the cover. Once the cover pops loose... prepare for your hull to be covered in oil

You should now be looking at this...

At this point you need to remove the stock oil sprayer, I was able to grab it with vice grips and twist it a few times... it came right out! Here's a picture of the removed sprayer, and the new components

Using a 10Mx1.50 tap, tap out the hole where the sprayer was located

Once that hole is tapped, you can mount the jet with the banjo bolt to locate the position of the support bracket bolt. Center punch this location, then remove the jet to drill and tap this location. This requires a 13/64 drill bit, and a 6Mx1.00 tap.

When that hole is done, you can mount the jet and tighten both bolts. The banjo bolt torque is 20nm, the support bracket bolt is 10nm. I used a little red loc-tite on both bolts.

Here's the important part... do not just throw the cover back on!!! The jet needs to be aligned properly with the super charger shaft. Install the charger, and check out the alignment. Mine looked like this...

Very slight bending of the tube and support bracket will make it line up perfectly.

At this point... its time to do everything in the reverse order of taking it apart Clean up the gasket surfaces, and install a new pto gasket. Another important note!!! There are washers on the end of the starter bendix... some may have stayed there, and some may have come out with the cover. Make sure these go back on in proper sequence!!!

+1
    thanks man I appreciate

Banned User
    +1
    Noob question, why is this modification done and which models come with that oil sprayer that you removed?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    Noob question, why is this modification done and which models come with that oil sprayer that you removed?
    08 and Above come with it already so all other years do not have it. Higher boost chargers require better lubrication to keep them functioning correctly. It helps the washers,bearings etc by keeping more oil on/over them.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post
    This factory update in the 08+ models prolongs slip settings & clutch life... big time, no matter what charger your running. With the jet... the oil is shot into the hollow shaft, then is forced through the washers & gear. The sprayer on the 07 and earlier models just shot one little stream of oil onto the outside of a clutch assembly spinning at 42k+ rpm. Not very affective, as the majority of it just slings right off... instead of getting into where the oil needs to be.

Banned User
    +1
    Thanks ocman and bigdaddy.

So, are the shafts exactly the same 06+ or is there new shafts in 08+ skis? (Can you use an 06 shaft with the oiler mod? or do you need 08+ shaft?)

It makes sense to have the oil travel this way doesn't it...

Is there any comparison photos somewhere of the shaft setups?

I'm a bit worried I put a shaft on mine that won't work with the jet!
    I better pull it out and check it out! I should have baught a new kit instead of using one that's been laying around for a while!!!

Thread Information