Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324

    Cooling inlet pipe on extended pump

    I just got my extended pump that I bought on ebay and have a question about the cooling inlet pipe. The pump came with a wedge, but I want to run it on my SL650 without the wedge. Do I need to get a shorter water inlet pipe? This one seems too long if I take out the wedge.

    Bryan


  2. #2
    Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by BryanP View Post
    I just got my extended pump that I bought on ebay and have a question about the cooling inlet pipe. The pump came with a wedge, but I want to run it on my SL650 without the wedge. Do I need to get a shorter water inlet pipe? This one seems too long if I take out the wedge.

    Bryan
    Yes, you will need to get a pipe from an extended pump without the wedge. Someone here probably has one for ya!

  3. #3
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    Yes, you will need to get a pipe from an extended pump without the wedge. Someone here probably has one for ya!
    What model came without a wedge?

  4. #4
    Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,721
    Quote Originally Posted by thester71 View Post
    What model came without a wedge?
    Hmmmm it appears ALL of the extended pump models came with a wedge of some sort. I am not sure how to deal with this. I would like to know because I was planning on using the same setup....extended pump without wedge.

  5. #5
    thester71's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    central ma.
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    Hmmmm it appears ALL of the extended pump models came with a wedge of some sort. I am not sure how to deal with this. I would like to know because I was planning on using the same setup....extended pump without wedge.
    I think some guys cut a section out of the tube and reconnect with a hose and clamps.

  6. #6
    Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,721
    I thought the SLX's came with an extended pump (which they do) but they also have a wedge. I thought adding a wedge to an SL size hull made it porpoise like crazy, I guess not with the SLX hull.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    I thought the SLX's came with an extended pump (which they do) but they also have a wedge. I thought adding a wedge to an SL size hull made it porpoise like crazy, I guess not with the SLX hull.
    I have a '95 SLX here that deffinitely has a wedge. Also scrapped a '96 a few weeks ago that had one as well.

    My '96 900 and '97 1050 had wedges as well. :shrug:

  8. #8
    Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lethbridge, AB, Canada
    Posts
    1,721
    BryanP - Why not just try running the wedge in it and see how it handles. You may like the way it works. Apparently the SLX's all used wedges with the extended pumps. I have a 4* wedge that I may try on my SL project, if it works then I don't need to modify a water pipe.

  9. #9
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,929
    +1
    1,407
    You can turn/sand down where the tube enters the hull to make it shorter.

  10. #10
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milwaukee WI
    Posts
    16,708
    +1
    1,324
    IM going to try it as is and see how it works. I do have an OP ride plate and trim on the ski so I could most likely trim it down if I need to

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Updating Cooling pipe on my '04 15F... old pipe is stuck!
    By joemama422 in forum Kawasaki Tech Tips and Info
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-11-2012, 01:39 PM
  2. Pro extended pump set up on a SL or SLX
    By Polaris_Nut#1 in forum Polaris PWC Performance
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-23-2011, 09:58 PM
  3. Questions About An Extended Pump on a 95 SLT750
    By way2much2do in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 33
    Last Post: 07-01-2009, 03:28 PM
  4. Steering cable on Extended Pump?
    By delagem in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-28-2007, 10:44 PM
  5. WTF, I installed my new extended pump setup on my sl750
    By gvnitup in forum Polaris How To & FAQs
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 06-08-2007, 05:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •