Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15
  1. #1
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376

    Riva GEN II Intercooler

    Alright Guys got to pulling out my Intercooler Had a bungee cord snap on the back bracket(bolted Down) So I decided to get some new Coupler's and Tbolt Stainless clamps for everything. I noticed the pipes( older plastic riva's) never really fit right they were a bear to get them in and needed the help of a extra pair of arms to hold it in place to clamp her down. The original couplings where around 2.5 Inches in length with a inner diamerter of 2.75 On both ends (throttle body to pipe and intercooler to pipe). On my Gen II The outlet Intercooler pipes are the same diameter as as my throttle body and supercharger which appears 2.5 Inch inside diameter. It seems Like I have the original Plastic riva pipes( to the intercooler and from and to throttle body and supercharger) is there a difference with them and the aluminum ones offered in the GenII Kits? Seems the bends are different Right now my piping lines up like crap. I dont have the bracket that comes with the genII It is grey power coated the has two screws holding the bungee cords to it in the backs and anchor like bars on botton in which the hooks on other end of Bungee attach. Any help would be great I will post some pics In a bit if needed
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00791.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	216117   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00793.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	124.9 KB 
ID:	216118   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00792.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	142.3 KB 
ID:	216119  


  2. #2
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Alright Guys got to pulling out my Intercooler Had a bungee cord snap on the back bracket(bolted Down) So I decided to get some new Coupler's and Tbolt Stainless clamps for everything. I noticed the pipes( older plastic riva's) never really fit right they were a bear to get them in and needed the help of a extra pair of arms to hold it in place to clamp her down. The original couplings where around 2.5 Inches in length with a inner diamerter of 2.75 On both ends (throttle body to pipe and intercooler to pipe). On my Gen II The outlet Intercooler pipes are the same diameter as as my throttle body and supercharger which appears 2.5 Inch inside diameter. It seems Like I have the original Plastic riva pipes( to the intercooler and from and to throttle body and supercharger) is there a difference with them and the aluminum ones offered in the GenII Kits? Seems the bends are different Right now my piping lines up like crap. I dont have the bracket that comes with the genII It is grey power coated the has two screws holding the bungee cords to it in the backs and anchor like bars on botton in which the hooks on other end of Bungee attach. Any help would be great I will post some pics In a bit if needed
    You have the plastic gen 1 pipes and gen 1 bracket with gen 2 ic. I am running that same set-up except with gen1 metal pipes. To make it work and line up good I used a 2 3/4 to 2 1/2 45degree coupler for the bottom pipe from IC coupling and the same coupling cut shorter for the top sc pipe to ic coupler but a 2 3/4 to 2 1/2 hump coupler would work if they are available. Hope this helps.

  3. #3
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Is the Gen1 metal Pipes the same shape as the plastic ones

  4. #4
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Is the Gen1 metal Pipes the same shape as the plastic ones
    Yes. Now looking at the pic of your bracket, it looks like a gen 1 copy or a cut gen1 bracket. If a copy the angle may be slightly different. I'm guessing it is the same or very close by the looks of it.

  5. #5
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...14d1f10cdcdac9

    so these for intercooler and just straight reducers for throttlebody and super charger?

  6. #6
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    http://www.siliconeintakes.com/produ...14d1f10cdcdac9

    so these for intercooler and just straight reducers for throttlebody and super charger?
    That's what I used. Left the one on the bottom coming from the ic full length to push the ic back a bit and cut the other down to fit.

  7. #7
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    Awesome you have been a Giant help so what do you use to connect the throttle body from piping and supercharger 2.75 to 2.5 reducers 3 inch length ok, I do have a bunch of 2.75 hose now lol. I guess are Gen1 piping is of the 2.75 Diameter and are intercooler is of the 2.5 diameter.

  8. #8
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by shrabber View Post
    Awesome you have been a Giant help so what do you use to connect the throttle body from piping and supercharger 2.75 to 2.5 reducers 3 inch length ok, I do have a bunch of 2.75 hose now lol.
    I used the original gen1 straight couplers. They are tight on the pipes and loose on the sc and TB

  9. #9
    shrabber's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL
    Posts
    5,305
    +1
    376
    cool yeah those are 2.75's I think Ishould be ok with my 2.75 tbolt clamps on the 2.5 side of Intercooler they go down to 2.83 and with the silicone hose wrap around I will gobble that up

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by speedskixp View Post
    Yes. Now looking at the pic of your bracket, it looks like a gen 1 copy or a cut gen1 bracket. If a copy the angle may be slightly different. I'm guessing it is the same or very close by the looks of it.
    That bracket is a early Riva gen 1( 2005) and the angle is identical to the updated gen 1 (2006+)with added side support.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Riva gen II intercooler
    By JoeyDFZS in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 11-29-2012, 10:47 AM
  2. WTB Riva Gen II Intercooler Bracket and Piping
    By shrabber in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-01-2010, 12:00 PM
  3. Riva Gen II/Stock X Intercooler swelling options
    By Gus13letter in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 123
    Last Post: 06-14-2010, 08:15 PM
  4. Riva Gen II Intercooler Swelling Fix
    By rick xp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-23-2010, 05:32 AM
  5. FS Riva Gen 1 Intercooler Aluminum Piping
    By kenshin89 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2009, 02:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •