Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Which Impeller should I use?

I have done some mods to my FZR (see sig), and now I hit the rev limiter a lot. I don't plan on doing any major mods like SC wheels or anything. I might improve the IC cooling and do a better intake, but that's probably about it. Should I use the Scat 13/23 or Solas 13/22R? Or can I get my stock one re-pitched enough to work?

Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    I have done some mods to my FZR (see sig), and now I hit the rev limiter a lot. I don't plan on doing any major mods like SC wheels or anything. I might improve the IC cooling and do a better intake, but that's probably about it. Should I use the Scat 13/23 or Solas 13/22R? Or can I get my stock one re-pitched enough to work?
    Hum, are you sure you're hitting the rev limiter? at 68.8 mph? Aren't confusing it with holeshote cavitation? Do you know what's your current max rpm?
    Anyway, I don't think you currently have enough power to turn efficiently a 13/23 or the 13/22

+1
    I'm hitting it on the top end, not the holeshot cavitation. Stock will turn a 13/22, and mine is basically a stage 1. And that 68.8 was the only time I ever GPS'd it, it was on rough chop and I let off before I got to its top speed. It's been since then that I have been on smooth enough water to completely open it up, and that's when I found it would hit the rev limiter at top end. I was going quite a bit faster than 68.8, but didn't have the GPS to get an accurate speed.

+1
    Hands down get a skat 13/21. You will have to buy a 13/23 and get it repitched. Here's a little write up I did on props a few months ago.

IMO you are leaving ~3 mph on the table.

You could repitch your stoker with a more aggressive leading edge (15/23) but with the way the skat performs its pretty tough to beat. And from what I hear the solas 13/22R will spin out of the hole.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    Hands down get a skat 13/21. You will have to buy a 13/23 and get it repitched. Here's a little write up I did on props a few months ago.

IMO you are leaving ~3 mph on the table.

You could repitch your stoker with a more aggressive leading edge (15/23) but with the way the skat performs its pretty tough to beat. And from what I hear the solas 13/22R will spin out of the hole.
    Did you ever get the 13/23 in your write-up repitched? If so, what were the results? How hard is it to repitch?

+1
    i'm having great results with the 22r and damn near zero cav out hole..but all ski are diffrent so a skat might suit your needs greater

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 64physhy View Post
    Did you ever get the 13/23 in your write-up repitched? If so, what were the results? How hard is it to repitch?
    No I did not because I'm done riding for this season (back in school). However, I talked to Dave at Impros and he recommend a 13/20.5 or a 13/21 to raise my RPMs to the 7700. He is one of the best in the business when it comes to props so I'll take his word for it. I also got recommend the 13/21 by Tommy Jordan and he knows his stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Hydrotherapy View Post
    i'm having great results with the 22r and damn near zero cav out hole..but all ski are diffrent so a skat might suit your needs greater
    I've never personally used the 13/22R but from what I understand it spins a bit out of the hole and is more of a top end prop. Riva claims 72mph with their stage 1 kit +13/22R and I am running 71.3 with the skat at 7420rpms. Once I get it dialed in I should be running 73.5-74

Quote Originally Posted by mikeFZR View Post
    No I did not because I'm done riding for this season (back in school). However, I talked to Dave at Impros and he recommend a 13/20.5 or a 13/21 to raise my RPMs to the 7700. He is one of the best in the business when it comes to props so I'll take his word for it. I also got recommend the 13/21 by Tommy Jordan and he knows his stuff.

I've never personally used the 13/22R but from what I understand it spins a bit out of the hole and is more of a top end prop. Riva claims 72mph with their stage 1 kit +13/22R and I am running 71.3 with the skat at 7420rpms. Once I get it dialed in I should be running 73.5-74
    Do you think going from stock impeller to the 13/22R you would loose much pull/punch for the holeshot? I know you gain top end but I race CC. Thoughts?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by drewnz View Post
    Do you think going from stock impeller to the 13/22R you would loose much pull/punch for the holeshot? I know you gain top end but I race CC. Thoughts?
    If you want a CC prop then you want the Skat. That is not to say that the solas isn't a good prop; rather, it has less blade overlap than the skat so it takes a spin or two to hookup.

Whats that whistling noise? jtskier11's Avatar
    +1
    This prop bit has been on my mind lately too. Ive been searching the forum trying to figure out what will work best with my reflash and intercooler. Some say stick with the stock prop and bend it. Some say to jump to the Skat. Im not huge on top end but on the other hand dont want to loose alot. I just dont want to kill my holeshot! Is the 22r the good bet then?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information