Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    RXP 260 X Short Course Veteran RXP244's Avatar
    +1

Some of you guys might already know this boat.

I have had the pleasure of Kevin's ski in my garage now for nearly 2 weeks. Due to an excessive work load lately Kevin hasn't had the time to dial in this work of art. So I convinced him to let me have a crack at ironing out some of the gremlins. Now I am not going to take credit for building it, thats all Kevin's at SkiMd. I just changed a few things around, like the open loop cooling routing and played with ride plate, tickled with the power commander, you know, those sort of things.

Now this has been in the water before, it did win the Bridge to Bridge here in NZ last year. As my ski shit itself 2 days before the event, it left Kevin to coast to a win, really never even pushing the ski. And Kevin tells me that he has had the GPS on it only once, and that was the last time it was in the water. He was just passing through the mid 80's when the venturi blew off the the back of the pump and threw him over the bars. It's always been too violent a ride to keep an eye all the gauges.

I'll tell you that this is one angry ski, running a full Darton Sleeved MID block, big pistons, Carillo Rods, Heads done, Alloy intake manifold, GT3076 turbo, big fuel pump, Seadoo pump, once piece driveshaft, Carbon seat and hood, Kevin has invested alot of time money into this thing.

I had a look at all of your guys conversions, studied what has worked and not worked and said to Kev that if we couldn't crack into the 90's we may as well set fire to it! LOL!

So first time out today after dialling in some very basic AFR's and first off thinking this thing is just to scarey, (none of these passes were anywhere near WOT!!!!)I clocked off the following numbers. And to say I am happy is under statement.

92.5..........then 92.8...........then just as I was passing 93.0 it blew the pipe from the IC to the TB off.

I need to put a bit more pitch into the prop because I ran out of rpm and head out again next week. Hopefully with the Video camera, as I know how you guys love to see the vids.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1260.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	216045   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1262.jpg 
Views:	133 
Size:	88.0 KB 
ID:	216046   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1261.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	105.2 KB 
ID:	216047   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF1263.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	103.9 KB 
ID:	216048  

+1
    Great stuff, look forward to the video

Banned User
    +1
    No where near wot and clicked off 93..... that things a beast. Be carefull, and bring a camera next time!!

+1
    Thats awesome work guys. make sure the ski is set up real solid as you don't want to get bucked off at those speeds.

Hope you guys can bring the ski over for this years Bridge to Bridge race in Australia.

+1
    nice numbers i thinks there more in that beast

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    nice numbers i thinks there more in that beast
    I can't believe how much is still left in this thing. Max boost was only 15 pound, I was having to feather the throttle at about 75% maybe less. Wastegate is set at 18 pound and the adjuster is closed!. AFR's were running pretty rich at 10.8-11. We're going to see if we can add a bit of pitch to the prop to eek out a couple more mph before we're on the limiter again. Just working it up slowly to make sure the driveline holds together as well. Might have to get the ECU written up to 9K.

+1
    Monster.

+1
    That thing is a beast! Should probably break into the 100's! Be safe testing that thing.

+1
    Ski is also for sale when Mark (RXP244) has finnished testing, A bargain if someone wants to get the speed with out doing all the work. Shipping is ex New Zealand. ( you will have to pry it out of Marks hands ha ha )
    $18500 USD.
    Full spec list on request [email protected]
    Build shots in "Projects" on www.skimd.co.nz

+1

Blow off Valve

Need a little help. From all the turbo guys out there.

Testing again today with way more pitch in the prop. Also trying to lean up the fuel a tad.

So while bringing the boost up slowly and keeping an eye on the AFR (hard to do over 90) boost rising nice, fuel looking good, getting to 15 pound, starting to roll a bit more throttle in, now up to about 80% and still a little off the limiter. I get to about 18 pound, right around 93 and I loose all my boost for an instant and then its all back and it rises up again and then at about 18 pound and 93mph WOOSH it all goes again. Its blowing off through the blowoff valve (I think?)

Is that that whats its doing? Do I need to tighten up the Blowoff?

Pretty sure its blowing out through that. Just a big dump of boost and then its back again.

So only managed 93.2 today because I could not get near the limiter because of this boost loss.

I thought the line from the manifold provided the pressure to keep the valve shut under boost conditions?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information