Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

200MPH Lifeline Life Vest

Anyone that is going fast should look at this company for life vest. They make vests for the Drag Boats that go over 200 MPH.

Here is the information on the Lifeline Compvest.

Tested up to 200MPH

1000 Point Cordura Nylon
    1 1/2" webbing (centerbelt, adjustable side straps and leg straps) so the vest will not come off your body when you crash
    1 1/2" plastic hardware
    2" close cell foam in front panel and 1/2" in back panel.
    Flak or impact material throughout the back, ribcage, chest and front area
    Nylon front zipper
    Side adjustments on the side, if you loose or gain some weight
    2 1/2" collar with 1/2" close cell foam
    Killswitch hookup with D-rings on either side
    No pocket
    Certification Label

Please be advised all of our jackets are custom made and I would need basic measurements from individuals. ( Height, Weight, Chest, and Waist.)

Thank You
    Claudia
    Lifeline Jackets, Inc
    928-669-9241
    928-669-8895 Fax
    www.lifelinejackets.com
    Attached FilesLIFELINE COMPVEST.doc
    Last edited by 800AMSOIL4U; 11-19-2007 at 04:22 PM. Reason: web add

Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    +1
    How much???

+1
    $440.00

+1
    20% off from Nov 1st - Dec 21st. 2007

+1
    we use these running in 100 mph + Hydrostreams and extreme offshore boats. They are GREAT vests. But unless soemthing has changed, these vests are NOT USCG approved, so if you get a water cop who is a jerk you will get a ticket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    we use these running in 100 mph + Hydrostreams and extreme offshore boats. They are GREAT vests. But unless soemthing has changed, these vests are NOT USCG approved, so if you get a water cop who is a jerk you will get a ticket.

They are working on getting them approved for USCG. Reason being is that they are custom made to fit the buyer, they are not mass produced. When I talked to them last year they were in the process to get them approved. They are used in offshore poker runs all the time here in CA. I would rather be fighting the ticket in court than fighting for my life in the hospital because I wore a $50.00 jacket.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    They are working on getting them approved for USCG. Reason being is that they are custom made to fit the buyer, they are not mass produced. When I talked to them last year they were in the process to get them approved. They are used in offshore poker runs all the time here in CA. I would rather be fighting the ticket in court than fighting for my life in the hospital because I wore a $50.00 jacket.
    I have one of those Lifeline vests that I purchased back in the early 1980's to use in offshore racing. In all these years the manufacturer has STILL not obtained USCG approval for the vest....very discouraging to say the least !! The vest is not very comfortable and you can forget about doing the Superman position with the vest. It gives you a huge pot belly dur to it's face up floatation design. It is a very safe vest and the only one I would even consider wearing when doing any type racing or high speed running.

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Please read what I posted. I have one, and wear it. I just think its fair that people know that they are not approved, as a LOT of water cops have it in for PWC's

BTW, I'm aware of the claimed reasons for them not being approved. whats the reason for the Poker Run versions not being approved? They are NOT custom made. They are adjustable. I have 2 brand new last year ones sitting here.

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    Quote Originally Posted by zone 5 View Post
    They are NOT custom made. They are adjustable. I
    have 2 brand new last year ones sitting here.
    Did you read the first post? Read where she specifically told him she would need measurements and that they "are" custom made.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    Did you read the first post? Read where she specifically told him she would need measurements and that they "are" custom made.
    I read all her posts. I've been using Lifelines for years on offshore boats and river rockets like STV's and Hydrostreams. The post says custom DESIGNED. not made. Lifeline has a huge product line. from about $400 to over $1000. You need to tell her your basic size, so she can tell you if its sm/med/lg etc.

You "can" order a custom jacket. You can also order one in a "normal" sizing, like sm/med/lg etc. That is NOT custom. (unless you call it custom because it has straps that can be adjusted to different people) she also posted a picture that left out the fact that they are NOT USCG approved. Even lifelines website says that. http://www.lifelinejackets.com/pleasure_jackets.cfm

For people that are pushing the envelope on PWC speeds, these may be great. For a normal PWC they are way over priced, and way more than you will ever need. The Sea Doo vest have a 100 mph impact rating.
    Last edited by zone 5; 11-22-2007 at 12:07 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information