Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

virage txi starting problem

Hello
    first of all just want to say this is a great site for help ,want to thanks all the tech on here been doing lots of reading here and have fix 3 of our skis.this summer my brother and i pickup 4 polaris jet ski 2 03 genesis i ,1 01 genesis and 1 01virage txi ,from reading on this site got 3 genesis runing good now we are having problem with the virage ,it will start up and run fine if spray starting fluid in the throttle ,it will keep runing till turn off ,we even have it on the lake for few hour,after it stop and try to start up again will not start,and if we keep spray starting fluid and get it start and run then turn off about 4 or 5 time ,and it will start up normal for the next 4 or 5 time and the same problem all over again.
    thanks any idea.
    oh i even got a software for polaris but only work for 2000 and older v2.0 like to get the v3.0 if anybody got one .here i post the software if anybody need it.
    thanks again.Mgr.zip

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome

I don't quite follow what you are saying about your 2001 Virage TXi.

If you use starter fluid, it will start every time and then continue running - correct?

Are you saying that sometimes it will start on its own, and sometimes it needs starter fluid?

BTW, ether starter fluid is hard on a 2-stroke. Priming with gasoline is easier on the engine, and it should still start.

thanks for the reply learn a lot from you on other post you reply.yes it start every time when use staring fluid ,and it will cotinue runing good till turn off,and after using starting fluid get it start for few time and it will start on it own for the next few time .and thanks for the head up will use gasoline next time.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie7733 View Post
    ...it start every time when use staring fluid and it will cotinue runing good till turn off, and after using starting fluid get it start for few time and it will start on it own for the next few time...
    Will it sometimes start on its own when the engine is COLD, or only when fully warmed up?

warmed up or cold when it want to start on it own ,it will start only one crank

some time even all warmed up still don't want to start

+1
    Check the DC voltage on the White/Red wire when cranking. Do not unplug an injector, find another spot to tap into the White/Red wire.

Voltage should be over 20 volts while cranking, and jump to over 40 volts when running.

btw on the r/w 45v circuit when it don't want to start only have 9 to 10 v when crank ,but when it willing to start on it own it have 20 to 23 v.every time when crank.

also with the landyard in only 9 to 10 v ,with out the landyard it have 20 to 23 v ,when it don't want to start.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by charlie7733 View Post
    ...when it don't want to start only have 9 to 10 v when crank, but when it willing to start on it own it have 20 to 23 v.every time when crank.
    Well, there are only two things that could cause the injector voltage to be low while cranking; EMM or stator+flywheel

Remove the CPS sensor from the top of the flywheel housing, and check for metal debris. If there are any signs of metal grit on the sensor, then remove the flywheel cover and have a look. Sometimes the magnets get loose on the flywheel.

The other option is to send the EMM to DFI Technolgoies for test and repair. Contact info linked from my signature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information