Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

2010 RXT-X 260 speeds and mods will the GPS limiter GO Bye Bye? answers soon

Myself like many others was not happy with GPS limiter on the new Ski. So I started lookin for options. The US aftermarket keeps promising something soon, but still nothing. I know there are also options of sending the ECU to Nicco Russ, Les Cooke,etc and that is a great option if your looking for more than just a GPS bypass. I was a lil worried about raising the RPM limit on the stock motor. So I came across the option of having the RS ECU ecu installed. I spoke with the mechanic at my dealer and discussed it with him. He really wasn't sure what I was talking about but said sure if you send it over with the ski, Ill reprogram it to your gauges. He was just as interested in finding out the results as I was. I will use this thread to post updates as I get them.
    Im going to try and hold off on installing the other mods I have so I can do before and after speed results.
    Current mods
    just the RS ECU
    awaiting install
    4" Kanaflex intake
    IS intake grate
    15/22R prop

Well I sent it over to him....

Got the ski back today and the ECU has been changed.
    I will post some gps results here once I have them.
    Some FAQ and Answers
    1. Where do you get a RS ECU
    A. Many dealers will not sell them as its an international only ECU, but if you look carefully and ask the right dealer you can get one.
    2.What is needed for the install.
    A. You will need to a get someone with the latest version of B.U.D.S. to match your guages to the new ECU,program your keys etc.
    3.Does everything work like before?
    A. So far every option I had before I still have. I will know more after the water test tomorrow.
    of key note.....
    Your engine hours will be reset to Zero so you will have to go thru the breaking limiters again. ie.64-65 til 3hrs 67-68 til 8hrs and full open after that. So I will be riding it as often as I can in the week or so to get the hour counter back up and will post results as soon as I have them.

Happy Hunting

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
    Myself like many others was not happy with GPS limiter on the new Ski. So I started lookin for options. The US aftermarket keeps promising something soon, but still nothing. I know there are also options of sending the ECU to Nicco Russ, Les Cooke,etc and that is a great option if your looking for more than just a GPS bypass. I was a lil worried about raising the RPM limit on the stock motor. So I came across the option of having the RS ECU ecu installed. I spoke with the mechanic at my dealer and discussed it with him. He really wasn't sure what I was talking about but said sure if you send it over with the ski, Ill reprogram it to your gauges. He was just as interested in finding out the results as I was. I will use this thread to post updates as I get them.
    Im going to try and hold off on installing the other mods I have so I can do before and after speed results.
    Current mods
    just the RS ECU
    awaiting install
    4" Kanaflex intake
    IS intake grate
    15/22R prop

Well I sent it over to him....

Got the ski back today and the ECU has been changed.
    I will post some gps results here once I have them.
    Some FAQ and Answers
    1. Where do you get a RS ECU
    A. Many dealers will not sell them as its an international only ECU, but if you look carefully and ask the right dealer you can get one.
    2.What is needed for the install.
    A. You will need to a get someone with the latest version of B.U.D.S. to match your guages to the new ECU,program your keys etc.
    3.Does everything work like before?
    A. So far every option I had before I still have. I will know more after the water test tomorrow.
    of key note.....
    Your engine hours will be reset to Zero so you will have to go thru the breaking limiters again. ie.64-65 til 3hrs 67-68 til 8hrs and full open after that. So I will be riding it as often as I can in the week or so to get the hour counter back up and will post results as soon as I have them.

Happy Hunting

Sucks that you have to start over with the hours but cant wait to hear the results.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post

Sucks that you have to start over with the hours but cant wait to hear the results.
    In next week RIVA RACING, in your stand at LAKE HAVASU - WORLD FINALS, have the new and final solution to this problem. Riva start sell this. $$?? Don't have this information... Don't make any change in your equipment. Only with RIVA solution you gain +3mph!!!!!!

This is a hot information for you no??

Thanks for posting this bro. I'm very interested in this option because I think it has the best chance of keeping the factory warranty. I won't believe a Riva fix until I see it! Couple of questions: What did the ECU cost? What did they charge you to install it, reprogram keys, etc. Did you discuss the validity of the warranty with this ECU with your dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Throttlemire View Post
    Thanks for posting this bro. I'm very interested in this option because I think it has the best chance of keeping the factory warranty. I won't believe a Riva fix until I see it! Couple of questions:
    1.What did the ECU cost?
    2.What did they charge you to install it, reprogram keys, etc.
    3.Did you discuss the validity of the warranty with this ECU with your dealer?
    1.The average cost of the RS ECU is between $6-750
    2.They did not charge me to do it as they needed to do a update reflash of the stock ecu due to the MAINTENCE Light being on from original delivery. (I called another dealer to ask what it would cost and was told to marry gauges to ecu,reset TPS,program keys etc would be .5-1 hour labor charge,so it should give you an idea)
    3.I asked about it and they stated that since it was a factory setup they had no issues honoring any warranty needs.

Thanks again. I'm going to talk to my dealer about this. I think I saw the part number on GH on another thread somewhere.

+1

Cool RS ECU will set you GPS Limited FREE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything QWKRN U has passed along is 100% correct!

My RS ECU is going in Monday, dealer also agrees that since it is a Genuine BRP part it does NOT void any warranty! Got an incredible deal from out of state dealer.....

Cost is going to be one 1 bottle of Cazadorez Resposado Tequila since my tech is doing for me on his day off....... worth it!

Here is a good source and price for part # 420666323

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...010&fveh=38607

Testing results soon to follow - I predict 73+ with 10 hours on ECU.......

Quote Originally Posted by jpt7779 View Post
    Everything QWKRN U has passed along is 100% correct!

My RS ECU is going in Monday, dealer also agrees that since it is a Genuine BRP part it does NOT void any warranty! Got an incredible deal from out of state dealer.....

Cost is going to be one 1 bottle of Cazadorez Resposado Tequila since my tech is doing for me on his day off....... worth it!

Here is a good source and price for part # 420666323

http://www.shspowersports.com/fiche_...010&fveh=38607

Testing results soon to follow - I predict 73+ with 10 hours on ECU.......

I didnt want to spill the beans about you getting the RS ECU as well JPT, but apparently you did that yourself lol.

For others intersted .
    Some things I noticed today while testing is a few items were missing on the display. Ill post the exact things after I speak with the dealer and make sure it wasnt a mishap on the BUDS programming, but I suspect that is the case.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
    I didnt want to spill the beans about you getting the RS ECU as well JPT, but apparently you did that yourself lol.

For others intersted .
    Some things I noticed today while testing is a few items were missing on the display. Ill post the exact things after I speak with the dealer and make sure it wasnt a mishap on the BUDS programming, but I suspect that is the case.
    Did you speak with the dealer yet? I'm curious what your referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Did you speak with the dealer yet? I'm curious what your referring to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    no the dealer I use was not open yet. I did speak with a tech from a different dealer and he confirmed my suspicions. They forgot to activate the X features IE the lap timer,top speed,top rpm etc features, not a big deal, but just something to make sure an mention to your programming dealer.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information