Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

Intercoolers for the serious guys

I know you guys will think I'm on crack (Maybe I am),

But If you could buy a water to air intercooler for your skis that would be the 'best of the best' with at least 1/2 the pressure drop across the cores than any other market leaders, less resistance of air, at least 80% more efficiency but the same size and weight as a stock intercooler, would any of you guys be willing to drop $1200 - 1500 USD on one of these?

It is the best of the best, not bar and plate, its not well known but it is out there on the market.

Just curious... I'm always making parts that no one else does, so tell me if you could buy the ultimate intercooler for $1200-1500 USD, would anyone do it or is it just too much?

A little sneak peak of it for a different application and the different design.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_6028.jpg 
Views:	138 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	216200Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blah.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	103.1 KB 
ID:	216199Click image for larger version. 

ID:	216199

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post

But If you could buy a water to air intercooler for your skis that would be the 'best of the best' with at least 1/2 the pressure drop across the cores than any other market leaders, less resistance of air, at least 80% more efficiency but the same size and weight as a stock intercooler, would any of you guys be willing to drop $1200 - 1500 USD on one of these?

It is the best of the best, not bar and plate, its not well known but it is out there on the market.

Just curious... I'm always making parts that no one else does, so tell me if you could buy the ultimate intercooler for $1200-1500 USD, would anyone do it or is it just too much?

Interesting. if it were a complete kit and proved itself after sending me one for free to test . LOL $1200 is'nt that much more than a riva gen 2 kit so I'm sure if it were truly that much better you could sell a few.

+1
    You can send one to me for free for testing purposes

+1
    Holly crap batman, I would be interested in one for $1200.00 if it does what its advertised to do. That's not that much for a nice IC!!!

Banned User
    +1
    AH, good old LAMINOVA IC's...gotta love them

The only thing stopping them from being in our ski's are the cases in which they are installed into. The construction and milling of them is TOUGH. I've been trying to get my hands on even a USED setup for 2-3 years now...

Here is a setup for an NSX...NOT CHEAP!

Link to main info...
    http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...a_Intercooler/

Currently used as the IC for GM's SC'd motors, especially on the ZR1 and Caddy CTS-V...If you can get your hands on a used setup from a SC'd COBALT, then you'd be in business. But they stopped supplying GM after 1 year, so its tough!

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    AH, good old LAMINOVA IC's...gotta love them

The only thing stopping them from being in our ski's are the cases in which they are installed into. The construction and milling of them is TOUGH. I've been trying to get my hands on even a USED setup for 2-3 years now...

Here is a setup for an NSX...NOT CHEAP!

Link to main info...
    http://www.scienceofspeed.com/produc...a_Intercooler/

Currently used as the IC for GM's SC'd motors, especially on the ZR1 and Caddy CTS-V...If you can get your hands on a used setup from a SC'd COBALT, then you'd be in business. But they stopped supplying GM after 1 year, so its tough!

God please stop,,,,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    God please stop,,,,
    Dude, dont bring that crap over here.

BTW. did you ever rename the body shop?

I am sorry but once in a while i see crap here and i puke,,,Some people here have that effect on me ,,SORRY...Yes my shop is renamed and were doing great to help the economy ,,ty

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzer View Post

Make 1 and test it and lets see some results, that sort of money is not too much, Les charges more then that for 1 of his ICs.

The problem you will have is that its difficult to get much more initial performance then the cheaper ICs as they cool very well at first and have very little pressure drop, thats why so many people buy them and have good results. The problems come when you need to run longer at WOT or say in a race where you are hard on it for 15mins, with the cheap ICs the intake temps go up very fast and they lose there abilty to cool esspecially when running big boost. But you need to be a racer or somebody who wants out and out performance to notice these problems.

Breon just spent alot of time making a new kit for his ski as he was seeing his revs drop back and AF ratio creeping when he was hard in the throttle for a long period, this is exactly the issue im talking about.

I would be keen to see what you can come up with and some more deatils of how the design works with the cores your using, Iv never seen them before so its all interesting.

Good luck R88

+1
    If you can adapt these coolers to run this in them >>> CLICK <<< I'll take one.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information