Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Banned User
    +1

what would cause this to happen this is a good one!

short history of the motor is prop came lose pushing the driveshaft forward... ate through the thrust washer, then the block and ruined them both.... so got all brand new from seadoo. while i had the motor apart i had the works done to the head cam/valves/timing gear lightened valve job surfaced blah blah blah riva pistons too (why not).

once all back together i had a great running ski for about 30mins. and the the problems began after. i kept losing RPMs. went from 8400+ to 8200, then 8100 then 79--. COUNTLESS hours later trying to figure out whats going on checked slip, fuel psi, hose's props finally all hell lets lose and it starts running terrible. check compression, no good, and find 6 valves looking like these in the pictures or WORSE. slide the cam out and find it looking like this in the pictures, the cam also ate up the journals it rides on in the head.... i'm telling you i have the WORST luck on earth.

try to cut a fat hog in the a$$ i put the lightweight ferrera valves and a new cam in (not lightened), praying this would be the end of my worries. NEGATORY. ski acted very similar. ran like a raped-ape for 20ish minutes 8400+ then slowly lost RPM's. compressions good (actually high 150 to 160 i do run 100 unleaded). slide the cam out and it looks like the original one, all ate up. still runs just keep losing RPMs

put an oil PSI gauge on the head and have 60+psi at idle 70+ through the mid range and will find out tomorrow what its like up top and let ya know.

i can't figure out what happen/why the original cam ate up everything?! but my theory is it was binding up holding the valves open causing them to crack/chip/burn and thats where my loss of RPM was. anyone have an idea why the cam would do this?

just so discouraged at never having this dang thing run right, i don't have anything fancy. could have bought a house with the coin i got in this thing and its still broke/runs like crap. i know everyone has their problems and ill get a new head and fix this i just like to know what caused the problem so it doesnt happen again and this one i cant figure out. kinda wish i woulda' stayed with my ol' VX110. held that bad boy WOT every where i went and NEVER had a problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

is it possible that when thrust washer failed, it sent alot of loose metal through the motor and got into the head or clogged up one of the oil passage which is why the cam got messed up and now the surface where the journals match up is messed up so it'll tear up any cam you stick in?

Banned User
    +1
    its a brand new block so it wouldnt be clogged. oil psi reading is from the head is good leading me to believe there is no clog...?!

Banned User
    +1
    i should also say i'm not ruling anything out and am just looking for answers so if you think you may have something that would help i'm all ears!

the clog would be in the head. for kicks, I just went out to the garage and put a cam into a head and installed the rockers. unless the head was damaged during the thrust washer incident, you're losing oil to the cam. after checking out the head, it can only be the passage to the rocker shaft or the rocker shaft itself. I'm not sure if you know what I'm describing, but if you need, I can get you some pics. it's pretty easy to see with the head sitting on a bench.

btw, this is on a 05 head.

Kiwi spanner handler
    +1
    got the right head/block/rocker shaft combo with or without the restrictor in the block? and were the valves oversize or stock?

+1
    You need to find out why your losing oil to the head. Dont you have to drill the rocker shaft on the newer engines 06-on as there is no restrictor???

Those valves look burnt!! are you monitoring your AF ratio??? and with that sort of compression you need to watch for deto esspecially if your running much more then stock boost.

R88

+1
    If its an 05'head, u will need the 05'rocker assy, and the oil pressure jet in the block to work properly.

http://www.4-tecperformance.com/inde...roducts_id=387
    But looking at yours its probably an X boat, so scratch that. No pressure jet needed for 06' + boats.

Did u install new oil pumps?, were the screens checked in the oil separator assy? and in the PTO? If all was good, then maybe the oil pressure regulator spring was stuck, or is fouled up.
    #10, AND 14 THRU #17 HERE

http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....=13&A=161&B=12
    Hope this helps some.

+1
    Were u getting any oil buzzers, or limp mode? How do the pistons look? I had a cam that did that after low oil warnings before, and the pistons started to score the cyls.

AND for my main problem was I had one of my oil sprayer jets broke off, and missing that spray underneath the pistons. Check those to make sure they are all still there, and not hitting the pistons.

#3 here
    http://partsfinder.onlinemicrofiche....e=13&A=161&B=6

What pistons did u go with?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information