Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

So,how many of you have actually RIDDEN a 3-D????

My wife,myself and another couple we ski with,were invited to Lake Erie to play on a couple of the factory demo skis today! I didn't care to much for the stand-up/moto version,but man,me and the KART version soon became very good friends My wife and both the other folks with us, had an absolute BLAST on these things! Under powered? Yup,compared to my RXT. But this is different kind of animal. This thing will CARVE like there's no tomorrow,and you can slide the living shit out of it,with nothing but wet fun as your punishment!! Wet ride? YOU BET!! Hell,this thing would blow water right THRU my GOGGLES!! But it is worth every ounce of water! You haven't LIVED until you have "CAUGHT SERIOUS AIR" while your ass is only inches outta the water! If the rumor I heard today comes true,and they DO put the 951 in this critter for 06......,I will be an OWNER!! I already told the wife we were prolly gonna need a trailer that can haul 3 skis

If you get the chance,put EVERYTHING you have heard aside,and RIDE ONE!!

Santa Monika, People's Republik of Kalifornia...
    +1
    I have, it's a pathetic piece of shit, not a suitable runabout and don't even try to tell me it's a stand up.
    Why did SeaDoo try to do a all in one when their 785 RFI would have rocked in a real stand up?
    Even with the 951 it will suck ass because that's what it's all about, the entire concept is PATHETIC.

You better expect to be laughed at.

Because you will be.

Buy a stand up, a real one.

hell i wouldnt mind trying one but buying one would be a different story

yea i heard dave had 2 3-ds for the weekend. so you guys had a blast thats kool. we took your stage 2 rxp out for the first time this weekend, day 1 no problems just breakin it in, day 2 still in break in got 5 hrs on it and did a couple of short 10 sec wot runs and could only get 6800 rpms it was at the end of the day 3 bars of fuel. put it on the trailer and went home opened up the seat and there was oil all over engine everwhere. looked at it for a while didnt see anything, started it up and felt alot of air movment and what do you know a the pipe from the ic to the engine came loose can see a big gap in it, so were takin it back to dave at rpm monday should be an easy fix. but getting all the oil off all the part will be a bitch. o yea my dad dont like the opas off he still needs training wheels, i myself like it.

Quote Originally Posted by 11
    I have, it's a pathetic piece of shit, not a suitable runabout and don't even try to tell me it's a stand up.
    Why did SeaDoo try to do a all in one when their 785 RFI would have rocked in a real stand up?
    Even with the 951 it will suck ass because that's what it's all about, the entire concept is PATHETIC.

Buy a stand up, a real one.

Mr #11...........I have never been a "stand up kinda guy" They are slow, ungainly and very uncomfortable,if not worthless, on LONG trips. Around here,we use the stand up crowd for pylons or bouys

"You better expect to be laughed at.
    Because you will be."

Thats Ok,hell I laugh at the stand up crowd,so all's fair in love and war I guess.......

That being said,I have to agree the 3D is a compromise and,in some folks eyes,don't do ANYTHING well. But I'll tell ya what,if you go at with an open mind ,you can have as much, if not more fun on one of these than you can on just a stand-up or on just an RXP/RXT..
    Like I said in my opening post,I tried the stand up and wasn't real thrilled with that setup,but I am not a stand up guy......but, the KART setup is a hoot in my book. I got wet,I had fun thrashing on someone elses ski,and at the end of the day,I was just as tired and wet as anyone else out there. Would I want one as my ONLY ski? Hell no,not after owning all the "couches" I have had. But if you add it into the mix of the other boats out there, it is a nice,fun addition to have.
    Two things they need to do to it. Add the 951,and, make ALL the parts you need to operate in ALL modes, a package deal when you buy the ski. Almost 500 bucks for the kart seat is stupid..........You LISTENING BRP????

EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    +1
    i've ridden them also.... they were a blast in my opinion also, but then again im not a hardcore junkie from the 80s and early 90s that grew up with smaller skis and stand-ups.... so for me it was a wild fun experience... and i think you can bet ur ass 06 will bring a bigger motor in that 3D... bc that's exactly what it needs...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SKR8PN
    Thats Ok,hell I laugh at the stand up crowd,so all's fair in love and war I guess.......
    It would be fair if stand ups didn't require a tremendously superior amount of skills and balls over your yacht.

Unfortunately, they do.

Sorry.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SKR8PN
    Mr #11...........I have never been a "stand up kinda guy" They are slow, ungainly and very uncomfortable,if not worthless, on LONG trips. Around here,we use the stand up crowd for pylons or bouys
    Over here trying that shit would get you a free coupon for an ass whooping, don't forget stand up people are usually fitter.

+1
    I don't think the SD3D was very popular, i've only seen one at a dealer and none on the water. Why do you think SD is putting a 951 in it? And does anyone know that it's coming back in 2006 for sure?

Legend in my own mind Sirhc7897's Avatar
    Saw one at my local lake when i was out tuning the other day. they looked like they were having a blast on it...

Was kind of funny seeing it pull up though...This tiny little 3D behind a giant jacked up CJ7 Jeep...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information