Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: R2 and c3 ?????

R2 and c3 ?????

Hi is a r2 reflash and a c3 wheel designed by r&d to work together without a power shot?

is the powershot just to fine tune?

thanks ian

Mine ran lean even in extreme heat without the power shot. I'm talkin 90+ air temps and Luke warm lake water. Would run 12.2-4 at wot. I'm running my powershot again. But curious to see if bumping up fuel pressure and removing the power shot would work. Haven't installed my regulator yet, won't be home enough to do so until
    November. If you try it, make sure you can watch your just in case.

+1
    Hi ian not 100% but i dont think you will need it over here in the uk. e mail or call R&D they will tell you. would be interested to know as i want to get my R2 soon.

corky has done away with his as his ran rich with it on so im assuming ours will have similar outcome but wondered what r&d refashed to accommodate witch wheels

thanks ian

R&D Powershot Fuel Control Units are not required on entry recreational level (R1, R2, or R3) programs using stock, C1, or C3 Wheels, however, custom fuel tuning with the Powershot Fuel Tuner can be an add-on or additional upgrade that is suggested for higher performance applications such as C5 Monster Wheel Kits.

found on rd web site.....

+1
    so we dont need them. our climate difference makes a huge difference to the guys abroad.

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    R&D Powershot Fuel Control Units are not required on entry recreational level (R1, R2, or R3) programs using stock, C1, or C3 Wheels, however, custom fuel tuning with the Powershot Fuel Tuner can be an add-on or additional upgrade that is suggested for higher performance applications such as C5 Monster Wheel Kits.

found on rd web site.....
    ian this is what i said 6 months ago when everybody said you needed to run the powershot with the c3... i will say it again THE POWERSHOT IS NOT NEEDED WITH THE C3 AND R1- R2 REFLASH.

i will get all the rest i need when im dead corkycat's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by MR MAC View Post
    corky has done away with his as his ran rich with it on so im assuming ours will have similar outcome but wondered what r&d refashed to accommodate witch wheels

thanks ian
    i saw 0 change from a standard powershot to the same powershot reflashed. nish nada nowt nothing
    even now with my r2 reflash and c3 the ski will bog down overfuel then cut out if i use the no wake mode for longer than 3 miles wherass it never did this before the reflash.

I agree mark, I have found mine to run rich and has once cut out too....

This what makes me ask what rd intended to actually run with the r2.... Have they designed it to run with the c3 but in the warmer climates ?? This causing different outcomes for us??

Or shall u just get more boost to add with that fuel lol.

Thanks

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by corkycat View Post
    ian this is what i said 6 months ago when everybody said you needed to run the powershot with the c3... i will say it again THE POWERSHOT IS NOT NEEDED WITH THE C3 AND R1- R2 REFLASH.
    Just becasue it's not needed on YOUR setup doesn't mean nobody else will need it. So just be careful when you say that becasue some people will take it as NOBODY needs a powershot with a C3 R2/R1 setup.

You could be just fine with a C3 R2 and stock IC, but then say you add a good IC, now you may be a little lean up top and need just a little bit of fuel. The Powershot makes adding that very easy.

On my setup, when I dropped in my C3, I needed just a little extra fuel on top to get my A/F down from 12.8 to about 11.8-12.0 So that just goes to show you, EVERYONE's SETUP IS DIFFERENT. You need to tune your boat based on your mods, and not try to just copy someone else's setup.

Just my .02.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information