Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 68 mph 15f

+1

68 mph 15f

I'm getting closer to my goal of 68.0+ top speed with bolt ons. I hit 66.6 several times today but could not get any higher. I filled my bolt holes in and it picked up .8 mph on avg. Before 66.2 (1 time) was my best and it would range from 65.5-66.2. I think a taller impeller (14/21?) and exhaust is gonna do the trick to hit 68 mph.

+1
    Keep going AaronC. I and many others are watching I believe. Did that AAT really do you any good? Top end I mean. Have you changed sponsons yet?

+1
    I'm still messin with the AAT. I'm gonna try some better gas this weekend too make sure the extra load the AAT provides isn't too much for straight 91. There's a possibility that's why it hasn't picked up and I want to find out. I'll mix 1 gallon of 100 with 3 or 4 gallons of 91. Even if I don't gain top speed, but gain in acceleration, it'll be worth while. But I need some way to measure acceleration, or someone willing to race repeatedly to find conclusive results. I still have stock sponsons and stock intake grate. Both are planned to stay that way. I'm crossing my fingers that the 14/21 or 14/22 impeller and exhaust will get into the 68 range. I only need 1.4 more to do it. My thinking is the exhaust is gonna gain me rpms and the impeller is going cancel them out and put me right back where I'm at now. Currently I see about 7350 rpm on initial holeshot and at peak speed 7650-7700.

+1
    I've been talkin to this guy on PWCtoday.com and swapping ideas so I thought I'd post his results here. He's .6 away from 68. It looks like 69 mph might be the goal now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chowski
    I think 68 is within reach. I have been tweaking my 06 15f all summer and clocked my best speeds last weekend at the local fresh water lake here in CT. 67.4 on GPS with no internal mods to the motor. Only about $1,000 invested. My major mods are Impros 15f spec prop, R&D ride plate, cut center bar from stock grate, Riva intake air filter, Full Riva exhaust mod. and alot of small tweaks that most people would not bother with. The ski runs nice. Not done yet though. Next spring I will test timing advance at various stages, 100% outside air intake, sponsons ( much needed ) Rogue heat spacer and intake runner mods. Hoping to clear the 68+ mark.

Hello 15F loverīs

My -06 15F does 65,6 mph with GPS,
    Mods:
    R&D air plenum filter, Stock intake (removed center bar), Worx spons, R&D ride plate, filled all holes, solas concord 13/19, 4 degree timing advance,
    Umi-steering & jettrim seat cover as well.
    The RPM is 7710 so I will try a 14/20 that I have, I will also make some changes with the water cooling system. Some people say the water routing will give another 50RPM, hard to belive it but I will try.
    This is a stock boat for closed course so I canīt do the intake heat spacer or exhaust mods, cant touch the pump exit nozzle either.

My "offshore edition" 15F-04 is doing 67 as best,mostly around 65, the stock boat are sometimes faster on top speed, but not acceleration. There it takes 1-2 boat lenghts directly. Also faster on cc thanks to the magnum pump.

So keep up the good work on the 15Fīs and dont spend any money on "offshore/endurance" kits...

Does anyone make a pump wedge for the 15F yet...

+1
    yes, I'm about to order one and try it.
    http://www.atvparts.biz/store/mercha...&Category_Code=

+1

pump wedge

if you want Aaron C i have two you can try . so you can get to your goal ! give me your addres will send you them out .

+1
    Now we're talkin'.

I can't wait to get mine on the water.

Ran my 06 15F today, with 5 gallons of gas it ran 66 mph GPS. I tried running it without the sponsons and it made no difference. I also took the back seat off and the bucket out to see if it would get anymore air and it made no difference. I have replaced the air box with the HP air system and HP exhaust pipe also. I am running my stock impeller and intake grate and ride plate and I plan on running my stock impeller for a while. The intake grate will stay the same also. I foresee 67 to 68 soon.....although 66mph is very impressive running regular gas and and I weigh 210 also, haven't filled in my ride plate holes since I am still tweeking a few other things...I am sure that may make a little difference. All I have to do is loose 20 lbs and it may make it to 67 anyway....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information