Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

question about turbo skis and fueling

So like my sig says Ive got a Rotax 8800 ecu and 60's. I'm doing ok A/F wise at 15lbs of boost but I have noticed that when I bring the boost up around 20lbs my A/F went to just over 13 so i backed off. I'm assuming weather plays with the A/F a little cause the week prior I ran 23lbs of boost and my A/F was 12.2. I was riding at a lake thats 4200ft and my RAD was 6400ish ft. Anyways I'm going to try out a R&D Powershot and see what it does for me. Also does anyone know if the Rotax ecu will work with 80lb injectors if I need more fueling and does anyone recommend this route.

+1
    no you should take that turbo off and give it to me...lol cant wait to see what happens with good air and Henry

Right, when I get bored with the ski I'll keep you at the top of the list. I cant wait either if we get some good air I would love to see some upper 80's

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    go with a rude controler over a power shot...more controle..then you can run the 80 and still clean up lthe idle..and add a littl up to if needed or go with a rrppr for the extra up top..

I bought a Powershot from 303RXP so im going to give that a try first. I had a Rude controller back in the day but with no software or cables i never used it and ended up selling but Ive kept using it in mind its just finding a decent priced used one on my small budget. Ive been playing with my fuel pressure but to get my ski to idle my pressure has to be at 75lbs and even at that pressure my idle a/f is 16-17. I was thinking bigger injectors might help with me have to set my base pressure so high and give me more room to grow up top.

at 16 17 it should be missing an spuddering like crazy ..if it would even run...keep it cheap get som ebigger injectors and a rrfpr ..

It does idle like it has some ridiculous cam very rough. When I back the fuel pressure down it gets worst to the point where it wont run. When you say rrfpr your just talking about a regular fuel pressure regulator right a 1 to 1 rise with boost? If so that was one of the first things I bought.

something is strange..it should run and idle fine..at the stock 58 psi....if you have the injectors matched to the ecu..it should be perfet up to about 10 psi...if you have also added ....the rrpfr yes 1 to1 ...shold take care of the extra boost part ..up to at least 15 psi...before you need to adjust electronically ..not sure the power shot can add fuel..not real familiar with it other than what i have read here...

I was talking to RXP6 on the phone and I believe he was telling me that My ECU and 60's is actually setup to run with a Rotax Cam which I'm not running to get a good idle. He was also saying to add a Rude controller to help get the a/f where it needs to be at idle. That is if I heard him correctly.

frank is a good guy and has alot of expierience with different set ups he is a fan of the controler as well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information