Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

Whats the go with this booster?

+1
    Jee Richie, don't you ever sleep?

That, my boy, is what you need if your running 18psi and over. It's the second clutch that is actually on the supercharger shaft. The hose is an oil feed to the rear of the shaft into a third bearing (but I'm not sure if it's bush or bearing rollers with this system).

Nice!

Pricey but that is the cost of reliable speed.

Combine this with engine internals, Gary's valvetrain, a really big intercooler, an skm (which appeared on the catalog as well) and a big mother wheel (try the H1 so I can pinch your log file off you) and your ready to go and see what else breaks, lol.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Jee Richie, don't you ever sleep?

That, my boy, is what you need if your running 18psi and over. It's the second clutch that is actually on the supercharger shaft. The hose is an oil feed to the rear of the shaft into a third bearing (but I'm not sure if it's bush or bearing rollers with this system).

Nice!

Pricey but that is the cost of reliable speed.

Combine this with engine internals, Gary's valvetrain, a really big intercooler, an skm (which appeared on the catalog as well) and a big mother wheel (try the H1 so I can pinch your log file off you) and your ready to go and see what else breaks, lol.
    No rest for the wicked my friend!!! HAHAHAA

+1
    But still doesn't have ball bearings instead of bush bearings.

See what happens with other suppliers.

+1
    Not sure I'd be willing to bet a grand on it after reading this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    That's because the feedback I've received on this clutch system is unfavorable.

One thing for you to keep in mind. This Yamaha supercharger spins 3 times as fast as the Sea Doo supercharger. Those SD clutch washers are barely adequate for the big boost superchargers we're running in the seadoo's. Now, use the same washers on a supercharger spinning 3 times the speed and you will wear them out in a hurry
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ch#post1563093

+1
    Thanks for that MJ.

I guess one thing to consider is that the SC shaft clutch (in combination with the sprage clutch) isn't working 100% of the time like the Seadoo (at slippage I mean). Plus the load for slippage is been shared between the 2 clutches.

Good concept but I still stand by the theory that roller bearings like Arts SC'er is "best practice".

Either way it's nice to see some of squirrells showing up in public at last.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunna View Post
    Thanks for that MJ.

I guess one thing to consider is that the SC shaft clutch (in combination with the sprage clutch) isn't working 100% of the time like the Seadoo (at slippage I mean). Plus the load for slippage is been shared between the 2 clutches.

Good concept but I still stand by the theory that roller bearings like Arts SC'er is "best practice".

Either way it's nice to see some of squirrells showing up in public at last.
    Good point...just don't want to drop that much coin without hearing more results from people who've tried it.

Are those ET roller bearings available yet? I've been checking their site & only see the grooved bushings listed.

The sprag clutch is not working so well what i have herd.now som gays thryit here in Sweden
    and the rollerbering is available from Art.and that is i nice part

Light the gear 56g and that my help the cluth live longer to

+1
    Correct me if im wrong plz
    its what i heard if these setups fail its a strip down the motor fix like a seadoo cause the roller bearings go everywhere

also would like to see other companys bringing out these lighter gear sets

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SQURTN View Post
    Correct me if im wrong plz
    its what i heard if these setups fail its a strip down the motor fix like a seadoo cause the roller bearings go everywhere

also would like to see other companys bringing out these lighter gear sets
    Your dead right Squrtn, if a bearing lets go it would not be nice. There is some containing/cage washers involved in the design to lessen the risk but at these speeds anything could happen.

Quote Originally Posted by mjh3ides View Post
    Good point...just don't want to drop that much coin without hearing more results from people who've tried it.

Are those ET roller bearings available yet? I've been checking their site & only see the grooved bushings listed.
    Drop him a phone call.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information