+1

1997 gtx possible buyer, a few questions for you guys

Hey i just posted in a polaris forum too, im a yamaha guy i have a gp1200r, and im new to sea doo and polaris, but the same story goes here as there, i know somebody whos selling a 97 gtx with a trailer for 800 bucks because it hasnt been used in 4 years and is most likely needing a motor rebuild. I might buy this and fix it up for my girlfriend over the winter, but my question to you guys is are there alot of parts availible for this ski? And what if the motor ends up being too beat and i decide to part it out.... is there a market for these parts or is it too old? Id just be looking to cover the coin i spent buying it, and also is this a desierable hull if i put it up for sale (assuming i couldnt fix it and ended up parting it out) thanks alot guys!

Yes there are alot of parts for your ski. I have a 98 and a 99 GTX and have bought lots of used as well as new parts for them. If the motor is too beat there is always the option of buying a rebuild from SBT. I have used 2 of their motors and one cylinder exchange and have had good luck. If the hull is clean and you have a clear title, you should have no problem selling it. The biggest thing to look for on the older Seadoos is gray fuel lines. They deteriorate from the inside out and clog the fuel systems. Good Luck

+1
    Cool because i would love to fix it up for my girlfriend, but if it turns out to be too costly once i tear it down and price it out i was going to just part it out. Do you think i could cover the 800 parting it out if i tore it down and found it to be too expensive to fix?

+1
    your gonna have to clean and drain the gas tank, replace the fuel lines and fuel valve and rebuild the carbs just because it sat so long

+1
    absolutly without a doubt i would do that, im just not aware of the internal condition of the motor till i pull it apart.. if i buy it...

I don't see why you couldn't get your $800 back. The pump should go for $200-$300, the mpem should be around the same, who knows, you might make a few bucks.

Thread Information