Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Question turning stock springs and retainers @ 8600 with riva ecu???

quick question, i know what the answer is gonna be, but I've got to ask. Here is the deal i'm swapping a full riva stg3 kit from one ski to another. everything is done minus the valve train. I've started to remove the riva valve train from the old stg3 ski to put on mine, but Brett McCarthy (previous owner gotta know him to understand) managed to forget to put one of the spacers under the valve spring. Although he ran the ski without it for 150+ hours.... So now i only have 11 when i need 12! i called riva and they don't sell them separately...UHHH!!!! also i didnt relize that the rocker arm bolts were a one time use item...I'm just trying to get it out 1 time 30 mins max to make a test run before it's to cold...
    So the question is is it ok to turn the OEM springs and retainers at 8600 rpm or should i the riva valve train in missing one spacer... or does anyone know where to get a spacer??? I've posted in the classifieds but no luck... also has anyone ever reused the oem stretch bolts???
    pretty sure the answer are going to be "no dont turn stock springs and retainers at any higher that 8200" "do not reuse stretch bolts" "And do NOTrun the riva springs missing one spacer" and the last answer im sure im going to get.... Your F*CKED and must buy a complete riva valve train kit and ARP/OEM stretch bolts..... so go ahead, tell me how bad im F*CKED...lol

My thoughts would be prop it so it wont turn that many RPM's until you get the valve train you need.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by QWKRN U View Post
    My thoughts would be prop it so it wont turn that many RPM's until you get the valve train you need.
    Yea, and what happens when it comes unhooked and bangs the limiter?, can you say oops!!! Dude, you answered your own questions!!!

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    go to the haRrd ware store and see if they have a shim ..the same thickness.. or look for one at mcmastercar.com

+1
    Yes, like Breon said or call Ferrea. Ferrea makes the kit for Riva, maybe they will help you out. Most of us will re-use the stretch bolts 2-3 times.

Ferrea Racing Components
    2600 N.W. 55 Court, Suite# 234
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309

e-mail: [email protected]
    Phone (USA only): 1-888 733-2505

+1
    b_dolla, you're talking to the wrong person at Riva. Send me an email and I will get you the spacer you need.

DO NOT run the Riva ECU with the stock valve springs.

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    ya had that conversation with someone else nowhere does it say you have to replace the streach bolts..they just have a limit...i went though 2 sets then went to studs...so i accually have 2 sets that i could use..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    ya had that conversation with someone else nowhere does it say you have to replace the streach bolts..they just have a limit...i went though 2 sets then went to studs...so i accually have 2 sets that i could use..
    Are you talking about the head bolts or rocker shaft. Rocker shaft bolts are supposed to be replaced although I have reused them before.

+1
    What exactly is required with the Riva ECU? new springs? or springs and retainers?

+1
    Well, after pulling the rest of the riva valve train I found the missing one!!! Brett had one exhaust valve with two shims....wow, all I can say is wow...at what point do you not relize one is missing....or that one spring is super hard to push down...geeze...well the plus side is that it looks like I'm going to get a test run in after all! Thanks for all the help guys!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information