Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

FILL YOUR TANKS!!

guys in the wake of katrina there is going to be an expected gas price jump to $4-5 a gallon! I herd that %25 of US oil or gas comes from the gulf area and they are all out of commision and im sure they will be for weeks. i would fill up really early tomarrow but im sure it will the prices will be up some. damn i knew i should have gone for a v6 insted of the v8 lol.

Where the heck did you hear that from? My projection would be 20-25 cent increase and Oil hitting in the mid to upper 70's tmw on the Exchange!

Bush would be forced to open the strategic reserves before that happens. An increase of that magnitude would have a ripple effect upon prices and plunge the country into a recession with massive inflation.

+1
    The Bushies, along with their oil buddies, will be celebrating with all the extra money in their wallets. Amazing how the price of crude oil can affect the gas already in the retail stations tanks ! If your neighborhood store were to go around changing the existing prices on in stock merchandise the authorities would jump all over them. The oil barrons can rape the public and laugh while doing it !!

Richard

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by way2fast
    The Bushies, along with their oil buddies, will be celebrating with all the extra money in their wallets.
    Indeed richard, you won't hear them complain. It is amazing how they can immediatly raise prices on existing stock in the tanks.

Everything you ever wanted to know about gas/oil and energy: www.eia.doe.gov

These images are live from eia.doe.gov. They'll automatically update over time. Kind of cool.

It is how the market is regulated - it has nothing to do with 'the Bushies'. It would be the same no matter who is in office.

I work in the electrical industry and we change our prices by the minute, let alone daily - it is based upon supply and demand, very simple principle.

Yea but we have the supply! And the Bushes are tied in with the Bin Ladens So this is why we all get it in the rear.

+1
    Acording to Federal Law marked prices can not be increased on existing items in retail inventory. If the wholesale price goes up, the replacement items can reflect it in a price increase. Of course this doesn't get enforced when the Big Cats stand to profit from the increases.....ie OIL and GAS

Richard

This increase is nothing to do with Bush! Before the hurricane the price is has been driven by market speculators that analyze everything in depth. Until this hurricane the US oil inventories have been great, in fact better then last year, blame these speculators, not Bush. They are lining their pockets! If you want to know the accurate prices go to the only place that has the actual prices http://www.nymex.com/index.aspx. The price chart has a 30 minute delay. My family and I are petroleum wholesalers in the state of Maine, it hurts a little more when you are buying 200,000 gallons a day!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information