Thread: Favorite Rides

+1

Favorite Rides

I would like to start a thread dedicated to places to ride along the Gulf Coast including all of Florida. While yes there are many places to ride in our own areas some of us may like to explore out of our everyday areas. I am hoping this can stay on topic and just have people post the particular Lakes, Rivers, or general areas (EX. Morgan City). There may be some nice riding within driving distance of some of us that we are not even aware of.

Also please include if you are open to being contacted by members that may be interested in your area.

+1
    I'd be very interested in this as well!!

+1
    Since I live here at Mudbug Central most of you know the area I ride, but I will mention for the people who don't come down.
    Mudbug Area. Lake Verett, Lake Palourde, Atchafalaya Spillway, Intracoastal Waterway, Many of the local swamps and marshes. This is in the Morgan City, Houma area.

Anyone looking to come to this area is more than welcomed to contact me for local information. If I am not working I am more than willing to show you around our beautiful waterways and experience the "Swamp People" area.

Special Events in this area MUDBUG. We also have boat races at several times of the year both on Lake Palourde and in the Spillway.

+1
    Another local area is the Amite River, Diversion Canal, Lake Maurepas area. This is a very beautiful area with a different type of scenery. Many beautiful homes, fancy boats and still some swamp areas with a great rest stop at the sandbar on Lake Maurepas. This is near Baton Rouge.

Special events in this area is the Lake Bash.

+1
    I'll bite on this.....

I really enjoy riding SW FL- Ft Myers north up to Sanibel, North Captivia, Cayo Casta. Nice beaches along the way and a several small bars/restaurants on the water to stop for shrimp/oysters/conch fritters/& beer. Contact me in advance when you will be in my area and I'll show you around.

Thread Information