Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

RIVA Ultra 260/250 Bypass Upgrade Kit

Has Anyone used the RIVA Ultra 260/250 Bypass Upgrade Kit ? I've searched and cant find any posts on it. It looks like a pretty straight forward Idea.My concerne would be if this can let any moisture or water into the system? I will be using it recreationally on the ocean not racing,so I don't want to lose any reliability.I do want to get rid of those Hoses tho.
    Please anyone who has used this let me know what you think.thank you .Steve

Which kit is this again?

Quote Originally Posted by ultralx07 View Post
    Has Anyone used the RIVA Ultra 260/250 Bypass Upgrade Kit ? I've searched and cant find any posts on it. It looks like a pretty straight forward Idea.My concerne would be if this can let any moisture or water into the system? I will be using it recreationally on the ocean not racing,so I don't want to lose any reliability.I do want to get rid of those Hoses tho.
    Please anyone who has used this let me know what you think.thank you .Steve
    No gains from this kit, I bought cause I thought my ski would benefit, even Skip had done some testing and reviews on it . If there are no gains or benefit from it, don't buy it.

+1
    if you fit the flat filter also, you get to hear the relief valve working and the suction of the blower. my opinion block the blow off valve and fit a filter to the relief valve install the flat filter and be done with it. leave the hose to the top of the catch can. best it does is clean up the engine bay of those f&^%ing hoses.

Hi its the Blow-off valve bypass kit that eliminates the Vacuum cleaner looking hoses and replaces them with K&N type filters.I'm not thinking of it so much as a performance mod as much as to just clean up the engine compartment,free up a bit of space.Just wondering if there is a downside yo that kit?
    Thanks.Steve

When you say flat filter,do you mean the kit that goes under the glovebox? Cause I won't do that.Don't want any water entering my engine bay,and on my LX I had to make a custom Lexan piece to seal that hole cause the cheap factory piece does'nt seal good at all.I'm Stealing that piece off my LX for this 260X.
    But thanks for your help,If I did'nt ride in such rough saltwater I would do that filter kit.

Oh Sorry the Kit I was inquiring about is the Michael Jackson nose job and Testicle waxing kit??? LOL!!! hahahaha!

+1
    99% of my riding is in rough open ocean and the water doesnt harm the compartment, i have more water entering under the seat than through the flat filter. so if you truely ride on rough water you will never stop water entering the engine compartment. to answer your question no downside

+1
    the flat filter is only a drama with the riva performance air intake, on the stock air box no drama. Even with the riva air intake you can manage the flat filter quite well with a spalsh guard.

Quote Originally Posted by ultralx07 View Post
    Hi its the Blow-off valve bypass kit that eliminates the Vacuum cleaner looking hoses and replaces them with K&N type filters.I'm not thinking of it so much as a performance mod as much as to just clean up the engine compartment,free up a bit of space.Just wondering if there is a downside yo that kit?
    Thanks.Steve
    The downside is no performance gains!! I took mine all off. The upside is that all those pretty little chrome K&N filters look cool & give that modded look to the area. PM and I'l send them to you. Save your $$ bro

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information