Riva stage 2 kit

After installing the Riva Stage 2 kit on my '05 RXP it is running hot and it is taking in water in the bilge. Anyone have an idea where this is coming from? I had no problems with the RXP until installing this kit and I am sure it is installed correctly.

check and make sure that water insnt coming in through the thru hull exsughst we had problems with it leaking very badly. the nipple where it shoots the water in the pipe was defective. had to send it back to riva we tried syilcone but it didnt work. as to running hot we installed the 158 thermo so we have no problems with heat.

Double check the hoses to the IC. One of mine was slipping off the "water outlet" fitting. It initially looked like the clamp holding it was fine, but after a second look the rear of the hose was actually forced off. I run double clamps now, as a safety. I also run a water strainer to the IC. These IC's (Riva) clog easily and will cause an overheat or reduce efficiency. Good luck.

Just like Painkiller said, check the exauhst, Found the same trouble yesturday, it is leaking at that nipple, put some marine epoxy on it and seems to be holding, also check to make sure the air tube is not hitting you're pump inlet as it can push down on the carbon seal and leak there to....

that sucks! You pay that much for an Item from Riva you think it would be done right!

I had the c-clip come off the drive shaft causing the support ring to move forward causing it to leak almost lost ski.
    I've installed 3 stage 2 kits and had this problem with one of them which with all fairness it had nothing to do with the kit.

Riva Stage 2 Kit

Thanks for the input guys. I have flushed out the cooling system and have found nothing in the IC or no loose hoses. Is it possible that water could be coming in the bilge from the riva intake grate? Also if my dealer won't touch it should I take it to PPG?

Jaye
    '05 RXP stage II Riva
    '05 RXT

+1
    If you are going to drive all the way to FL, take your ski to Riva. You have their kit on it, let them look at it.

Richard

Thread Information