Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

HalTech platinum1000

Hey is anyone out there who has installed or worked with a Haltech sport 1000 ignition who can share some insight with me on my project. I race 1/4 mile in the Lucas National Drag Boat series and am fixing to get ready for the world final in Phoenix in november! I just finished the wiring harness for the haltech and am fixing to install it. This rxt is on the national tour and will run 11.30s in the quarter set up as it is but not being able to com,pensate for different conditions is not good as les cooke is a long ways away from texas.. Any help and advice to easy the learning curve is greatly appreciated

+1
    I am very interested in this too as I myself was thinking of trying out the Haltech.

+1
    Contact Louis914, he runs a Haltech in his turbo GTI, you wont get much from him for a couple weeks tho, he is in Havasu at the world finals.

Im not sure how much info he will be willing to share but he prob knows the most on this forum for the 4Tec running Haltech. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Contact Louis914, he runs a Haltech in his turbo GTI, you wont get much from him for a couple weeks tho, he is in Havasu at the world finals.

Im not sure how much info he will be willing to share but he prob knows the most on this forum for the 4Tec running Haltech. R88
    Yeah I was going to ask him but was waiting on getting a Haltech first. Trying out how my Seadoo Centre ECU works on my turbo and if I don't like how it does then I might consider the Haltech.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    Yeah I was going to ask him but was waiting on getting a Haltech first. Trying out how my Seadoo Centre ECU works on my turbo and if I don't like how it does then I might consider the Haltech.
    Your SDC ecu will work ok but you will have to work alot with the fueling. Im interested in a stand alone as well but the Haltech dont come with a base map nor a wiring loom, the loom is no big deal really but making a base map would be difficult. Keep me posted with what you learn. R88

hey thanks for info.. the system is wired and everything is working.. going to load in crank and trigger and try to fire tonite or saturday!

+1
    Your SDC ecu will work ok but you will have to work alot with the fueling. Im interested in a stand alone as well but the Haltech dont come with a base map nor a wiring loom, the loom is no big deal really but making a base map would be difficult. Keep me posted with what you learn. R88
    I'm hoping that the Rude controller and RRFPR will suffice with my fuel controlling needs if not then I'll have to definitely look into the Haltech. Lets see how it runs.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gorilla297 View Post
    hey thanks for info.. the system is wired and everything is working.. going to load in crank and trigger and try to fire tonite or saturday!
    Please keep us updated.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAShark View Post
    I'm hoping that the Rude controller and RRFPR will suffice with my fuel controlling needs if not then I'll have to definitely look into the Haltech. Lets see how it runs.
    Yeh you will be ok but you may need a set of the 80s, Im running them with my GP setup. I currently have 43psi key fuel pressure and low 8s in the table to get a clean-ish idle.

Les likes his fuel in the bottom so its difficult to get a really clean idle but 12.5-13 is possible.

Idealy in the future I want to get it tuned in with the boost line un-attached but you need to get it in the ball park first.

Easyest way is to set the whole table to 10 then go ride and get the fuel pressure set so that WOT AF is set using the RRFPR. You will be lean with the SDC ecu on top they always are, that is why the bigger injectors are needed in most cases.

Then when the RRFPR is set you can start to trim the table to get the AF right for the rest of the rev range, to start with just ride along at each rev range and adjust the whole width of the table to suit the AF.

You would have to ride with the laptop on you lap to see where the specific cells are that need attension.

Oce you have it good all over like that you could try to get it right with the boost line off. I would start by setting the reg to 5psi less then where it would end up at full boost so that your gona be close at the top and rich all over the rest, its best to start rich and tune lean not the other way round. Then you will have to add fuel at the top of the table and obviously trim the rest again.

Anything below 7 will show as a MAP problem and throw a code so you may have to drop the pressure to get the bottom good then add more ontop.

The only thing I dont like about tuning this way is that if the controler went bad then your possibly going to be very lean ontop and cause damage where as if you leave the table at 10 its not doing anything and therefore the WOT AF is set by the size of your injectors and fuel pressure alone and then if the controller went bad your just going to be rich all over the rest, of course you do have the issue of the boost line coming off which would cause low fuel pressure and therefore high AF.

Sorry if this is all info you know, I guess others will find it usefull tho. Have Fun R88

+1
    Yeh you will be ok but you may need a set of the 80s, Im running them with my GP setup. I currently have 43psi key fuel pressure and low 8s in the table to get a clean-ish idle.

Les likes his fuel in the bottom so its difficult to get a really clean idle but 12.5-13 is possible.

Idealy in the future I want to get it tuned in with the boost line un-attached but you need to get it in the ball park first.

Easyest way is to set the whole table to 10 then go ride and get the fuel pressure set so that WOT AF is set using the RRFPR. You will be lean with the SDC ecu on top they always are, that is why the bigger injectors are needed in most cases.

Then when the RRFPR is set you can start to trim the table to get the AF right for the rest of the rev range, to start with just ride along at each rev range and adjust the whole width of the table to suit the AF.

You would have to ride with the laptop on you lap to see where the specific cells are that need attension.

Oce you have it good all over like that you could try to get it right with the boost line off. I would start by setting the reg to 5psi less then where it would end up at full boost so that your gona be close at the top and rich all over the rest, its best to start rich and tune lean not the other way round. Then you will have to add fuel at the top of the table and obviously trim the rest again.

Anything below 7 will show as a MAP problem and throw a code so you may have to drop the pressure to get the bottom good then add more ontop.

The only thing I dont like about tuning this way is that if the controler went bad then your possibly going to be very lean ontop and cause damage where as if you leave the table at 10 its not doing anything and therefore the WOT AF is set by the size of your injectors and fuel pressure alone and then if the controller went bad your just going to be rich all over the rest, of course you do have the issue of the boost line coming off which would cause low fuel pressure and therefore high AF.

Sorry if this is all info you know, I guess others will find it usefull tho. Have Fun R88
    I'm going to be running 75LB Injectors which is what the ECU is mapped for and see how that goes. And yes I'll be doing like you say to first set up my rrfpr to WOT and then bring out the laptop and tune what is needed.

Thanks for the info.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information