Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

New best 73.2mph! Does this sound right for what I have done?

Hey guys took my ski out for most likely the last ride of the season. I was wondering if these numbers sound correct for you p'x guys. I have within the last month installed the r & d grate, 4 '' fizzle front air, 15/22r prop, and the 83mm off the 215. I ran today @ 59 degree water temp 884 elev'' 8080 rpms, 215 lbs rider calm water, 1/3 tank fuel. 73.2 back to back. Is this where I should be? o yeah fresh water 51 hours on ski.

What do you guys thinnk I should do next? My goal is 77mph. wedge?fill plate holes?bucket mod? exhaust? Let me know your build!

Thanks guys. oh yah one more thing will I loose top end when the water goes back up to like 80? how much around?

Thanks Sean!

+1
    4" front intake w/ catch can
    stock prop
    R&D intake grate
    ride plate holes filled & reverse bucket trimmed
    Riva 2 degree wedge & VTS extension

I ran 77 with these mods. Barely 77.0 mph too with the fuel buzzer on in calm water ducking under the bars stretched out but with my feel on the ski. (not superman) With right over 1/2 tank it will run right around 76mph. Maybe I got lucky with my ski. I am wanting to take it out since we got some cooler weather, I just haven't had the opportunity to yet. I weigh around 165lbs and it ran 8100 rpms.

Here is basically what I've done, start to finish. http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-mod-list-help

I hope this helps some.

Its fun to see what speeds guys are getting with different mods. I've noticed reading the forum the PX seems to fall into two category's with mods; expected speeds and unbelievable speeds! I'm not calling anybody out, but some guys have incredibly fast ski's with few mods. I know there are a lot of variables other than the mods that play a part, but guys can have the same setup, similar weather, similar fuel level, and be 3-4mph difference. It would be interesting to find out what other factors we are unaware of that make a big difference.
    My ski falls into the expected speeds category. These guys have super fast skis!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-mod-list-help
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-with-new-mods.....
    Whats your secret?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thedirtyburd View Post
    Its fun to see what speeds guys are getting with different mods. I've noticed reading the forum the PX seems to fall into two category's with mods; expected speeds and unbelievable speeds! I'm not calling anybody out, but some guys have incredibly fast ski's with few mods. I know there are a lot of variables other than the mods that play a part, but guys can have the same setup, similar weather, similar fuel level, and be 3-4mph difference. It would be interesting to find out what other factors we are unaware of that make a big difference.
    My ski falls into the expected speeds category. These guys have super fast skis!
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-mod-list-help
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...-with-new-mods.....
    Whats your secret?
    I dont ride superman, not that Brave. I notice it yields at least a 1MPH increase and some of these guys dont weigh alot.

+1
    I have seen at least six PXs with LooseBoltRob mod list and they all go 77-78mph. So I would say they are more the expected speed, than the unbelieveable speed. Some of the speed difference is the rider and some is a little extra tuning here and there.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm interesting. My ski must have been made on a friday afternoon than lol. I find it interesting as well in the variances in top speeds with next to the same modifications done. Its almost upsetting when you think your going to reach higher expectations when you purchase the parts, slap them on and find yourself 3-4mph slower than someone else with the same as you. disappointing...... I heard somewhere 50lbs equals 1 mph is this correct?

Looseboltrob mod list?

If you dont mind what are you getting with your mods??? dirtyburd lol nice!

+1
    I have to agree about the expected speed. Not saying people don't pay attention to detail, but in working with anything trying to get every little bit out of your equipment, attention to detail plays a big part. Different assembly styles and mods of the simplest parts can often equate to greater perfomance advantages. I basically followed your (jp1300r) suggestions and pretty much everything you told me on what to expect happened. I'm meticulous when it comes to servicing my equipment as well as the way I maintain them. As far as what category thedirtybird wants to put me in, I'm here to tell you what my ski runs. I don't need to lie regarding my speeds for any reason, it wouldn't benefit me in any way. As mentioned, jp1300r told me what to expect, and thats the results I've gotten with what I've done. The speed runs I post are done when I know the ski is cool. I even go as far as cruising around at slow speeds with the seat slid back to cool the engine compartment before I sit and wait for it to almost completely cool before I make any gps runs. I don't fill my ski up, run all day and with it hot say " I wonder what its running today". I basically completely let it cool, or launch it in perfect conditions while the motor is cool with low fuel to see what it runs. I'm sure if I ran a tank of fuel through it and beat on it all day and look at gps speeds it would be a little lower. Hell, I even go as far as tucking my left hand down on the seat and holding the gps and then back to the bars playing with the trim with the same hand watching the gps to see what the ski likes more. I've yet to get a bar mount for the gps, I've held it in my hand at all times so I can see how tucking and moving my weight around affects it. Maybe its dumb and anal, but that way I can see exactly what changes in trim and weight placement does. I rarely take my ski out to just ride around, it's usually just when I've done something different to see how it's affected mph. I run the [email protected] out of it when I do run it, but I don't beat on it in rough conditions.

This whole post wasn't to just defend what I've done with the little mods I have, but to further explain how the speeds I've reached were achieved. And as always, thanks for all the guys who have helped in giving suggestions, everything I've done has yielded a positive result regarding performance and speed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jp1300r View Post
    I have seen at least six PXs with LooseBoltRob mod list and they all go 77-78mph. So I would say they are more the expected speed, than the unbelieveable speed. Some of the speed difference is the rider and some is a little extra tuning here and there.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information