Thread: engine removal

+1

engine removal

when taking engine out can i just pull it out or do i have to remove anything.thanx.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rjeffery View Post
    when taking engine out can i just pull it out or do i have to remove anything.thanx.
    Real simple dude, just loosen the three motor mounts, hook up a chain hoist and give er a yank. Comes right out with little to no resistance!!!!

Not really, there are a lot of things that need to be removed before pulling the engine. Lots of wireing, pump shaft, fuel line, water box just to name a few. If your asking this question you prob should get some help with the pull. This site is a great place to get the knowledge for doing this stuff so keep asking questions as you go if your serious about pulling the engine, someone will help.

Get the shop manual for your year ski, that will help you with the pull, take pictures, lots of pictures, and get a permanent marker and some painters tape, label each hose and where you pulled them from. My first time, I used a number system with the tape. Pull a hose, write number on two pieces of tape, one piece of tape on the hose and the other piece on the location it goes to. makes putting the engine back in real easy, and you dont have to worry if you placed the hose correctly. Happy wrenching

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Tament View Post
    Get the shop manual for your year ski, that will help you with the pull, take pictures, lots of pictures, and get a permanent marker and some painters tape, label each hose and where you pulled them from. My first time, I used a number system with the tape. Pull a hose, write number on two pieces of tape, one piece of tape on the hose and the other piece on the location it goes to. makes putting the engine back in real easy, and you dont have to worry if you placed the hose correctly. Happy wrenching
    Good info!!

+1
    sorry for looking like a retard with my statement.just wanted to know after i take all the hoses off and the elec apart and the top half of the seat base do i have to take off any manifolds.is it a straight pull out.i have to do hull work and change ride plate.would be nice just to flip sky and put brace under engine but what i gather you guys say pull the engine.this is not a problem since i have all the tools and ability to do this.crappy at typing and spelling but know my way around wrenches and beer eh.thanx guys this is the greatess site.so much information with humar.keep up the good work.thanx

+1
    thanx beerdart.it looks like have to remove the intake manifold and the motor mounts. do not see why i would have to remove the charger.thanx again

I never remove charger or any manifolds or motor-mounts... takes 30-45min to pull the engine!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rjeffery View Post
    us lot have took more donkys out of these crafts for a while so if you get stuck were always here, regards bill

+1
    thanx guys you have been very helpfull.thanx again.

Thread Information