First weekend out with my new to me 97 GP1200

I picked up a 97 GP1200 last Fri, and took it down to Crystal River, FL to hang out with friends that live there and test out the new ski. I paid $1900 for it with the trailer, and it seemed to be running great all weekend. Only problem I had is the fuel sender for the gas guage was byepassed, so it was still reading full when I had to switch over to reserve. I forgot to take my GPS with me but the ski is stock as far as I know.

It seems to be about 1-2mph faster than my friends N/A Honda R12 in both rough or smooth water, so for what I paid I couldn't be more pleased with my purchase lol.my dream-o-meter never read above 54mph, but his supposedly was reading 64mph when I passed him a few times. Next time I'll take the GPS and see what it really does. Here's a couple videos I took with my Gopro camera to see how well it works on the jetski.

Good find man! I live just about 45 min east of there. Hope you had a great time Just don't neglect it over the winter.

Quote Originally Posted by JMZ400 View Post
    Good find man! I live just about 45 min east of there. Hope you had a great time Just don't neglect it over the winter.
    Yeah I'm, dreading winter now, how does one survive a week or two/yr when it's too cold to hit the water?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Psycho1 View Post
    Yeah I'm, dreading winter now, how does one survive a week or two/yr when it's too cold to hit the water?
    Wet suits on a bright day! Some of my best days of riding the old GP were on New Years day in the gulf.

You will find that a certain speeds (30-40 mph) that the GP can be a wet ride because water can come over the bow..... especially on a windy day. A splash guard makes all of this go away.

Thread Information