Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

WISH LIST- 2L 300hp 4 cylinder engine

Now that Kwacka have this 300hp monstrosity I really hope Seadoo respond with a 2 litre 4 cylinder SC motor next year with similar power.

So next year it hopefully will be an upgrade to an 'RXT-X 300 RS' for me.
    Plus Seadoo need to:
    1) Make sure all the bolts are done up tight from the factory including SC hose clamps!
    2) A better SC with less maintenance required
    3) Gas gap should be screw type and consealed under front hood for protection
    4) Redesign seat and hatches to better prevent water from getting in
    5) Change the stupid key/DESS for easier use
    6) Dont add any more weight
    7) Reduce the delay on the IBR system when getting back onto throttle

Any other suggestions to add to the wish list to Seadoo?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark82 View Post
    Now that Kwacka have this 300hp monstrosity I really hope Seadoo respond with a 2 litre 4 cylinder SC motor next year with similar power.

So next year it hopefully will be an upgrade to an 'RXT-X 300 RS' for me.
    Plus Seadoo need to:
    1) Make sure all the bolts are done up tight from the factory including SC hose clamps!
    2) A better SC with less maintenance required
    3) Gas gap should be screw type and consealed under front hood for protection
    4) Redesign seat and hatches to better prevent water from getting in
    5) Change the stupid key/DESS for easier use
    6) Dont add any more weight
    7) Reduce the delay on the IBR system when getting back onto throttle

Any other suggestions to add to the wish list to Seadoo?
    Yea.... Make the damn thing cost less!!!! Its a ski, not a sunks works Black project jet fighter....

Almost forgot incase BRP is listening!! TAKE THE GPS SPEED LIMITER & BOOST LIMITER OFF!!!!!! Tell the Coast Gard to get faster boats if they don't like it!!!

The S3 is an amazing hull. I would love to see what such an engine could do in it. Nothing wrong with friendly competition!

Quote Originally Posted by NaptownKawi View Post
    The S3 is an amazing hull.
    I still want to see what this hull and engine can do when its fully uncorked. SeaDoo doesnt need no stinking 4 cyl. Doooooing more with less.

I reckon the 4cyl 2L if they get it right will be much more reliable and will be able to take more boost for the modifiers

Banned User
    +1
    Piss the boost off all together and have something like the '370z Nissan' but on the water.. NA high compression motor.

Or turbo the damn thing already! Something like a 2L 'Subaru WRX STi' but on the water (Obviously not boxer, but that would be kinda cool until you have to maintain the damn thing!)

+1
    I think that we will start to see some real fast stock craft now!! Up untill now thre was a sort of agreement with the coastguard that they would not produce a craft that would be capable of more then 70mph. Kawasaki have now made 1 that will so that opens the door for others to follow.

If you think, a RXP-X with minor mods like grate, nozzle diameter change and air intake can go 75+ easy imagine what the factory could get out of it with some more power ect ect. Good times!!!!!

R88

+1
    I hope they stick with a three cylinder but punch it out some. Like make it a 2l three cyl. I just think the 3 cyl. 4-tec sounds so much meaner than a four cyl. I heard a lot of modded fzr and fza at mudbug and the sound of the four cyl. was annoying to me. Sounded like a tin can mufflered rice mobile!! LOL

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    I hope they stick with a three cylinder but punch it out some. Like make it a 2l three cyl. I just think the 3 cyl. 4-tec sounds so much meaner than a four cyl. I heard a lot of modded fzr and fza at mudbug and the sound of the four cyl. was annoying to me. Sounded like a tin can mufflered rice mobile!! LOL
    I agree, there is so much potencial in the 4Tec as it is, the factory could make 300hp easy enough as it is, little more boost maybe 100 more RPM and then get the fueling and pump sorted along with a good grate and 75mph is easy.

The only trouble I see is that you are putting very fast skis in the hands of anybody where as most of us as modders know how to ride and have allot of respect for the craft as it takes allot of time and money to get them as good as some peoples boats are.

R88

+1
    300 HP is easy to get out of the 4Tec but I would still want them to come out with a 4 Cyl so reliability doesn't start to become a problem. For example: If you can get a 3 Cyl to make 300 HP, rule of thumb is that you can make a 4 Cyl to make 400 HP...that would be scary fast and should be a very reliable setup even with that much power.

The only problem is that some people are not meant to or don't have the capacity to handle that much power. Hell, some people shouldn't be driving a 50 mph ski or any ski at all. But the more experienced riders shouldn't suffer for this minority of people.

I for one can't wait for seadoo to come out with a 4 Cyl because of the amount of power it can make and make it with such ease. When it does come out I will wait a couple years and then sell my ski and turbo one of those bad boys.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information