Catalytic Converter-where did it go?

Hey guys, I've read all the great info on the green hulk and wound up installing the d-plate and sensor in my new rebuilt ski. When I pulled the converter housing it was basically just open with 1 piece of I guess what used to be the converter. I put everything back together but then got to wondering, where did all the piecese go? Would they work through the exhaust and exit or is there something I need to remove to check? I looked in the stinger and didn't see anything where it goes into what I guess is the "water box". The ski had a melted piston on cylinder 3 when I bought it so don't know if the converter had anything to do with that or not. Is there a way to check the water box for pieces, or what should I do? Thanks in advance

+1
    they go through the exhaust. it could be in the end part of your stinger or the water box. its recommended to get them out, even though i know its a pain to pull the water box out

Thats what I was afraid of. In all the posts I haven't seen anything on removing the water box. How does it come out.

+1
    you gotta pull the battery tray and all that stuff, the styrophoam and all, then its just strapped in

+1
    while your under there maybe do a pump tunnel reinforcement either prefabricated or make your own..lots of threads on the subject...when putting the waterbox back make sure you clamp everything tight even double clamp..thats what I did since its an area thats not always visible until its too late..was out with a guy that did exhaust work back there..after 5 mins he started smoking from under the seat...clamp got loose or something but limped back to shore and fix it...also maybe put in a ff exhaust..a 2 stroke ff exhaust sounds nasty..ALMOST as good as a RXP turbo... well almost

+1
    It's not that hard to pull out. I removed everything from the water box back, flushed and had it back in, in less than 45 minutes and I have ADD.

If you have the cat out, I'd imagine you have the whole stinger out, just keep following everything back. Not much of a trick to it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by yamaha_2000r6 View Post
    Hey guys, I've read all the great info on the green hulk and wound up installing the d-plate and sensor in my new rebuilt ski. When I pulled the converter housing it was basically just open with 1 piece of I guess what used to be the converter. I put everything back together but then got to wondering, where did all the piecese go? Would they work through the exhaust and exit or is there something I need to remove to check? I looked in the stinger and didn't see anything where it goes into what I guess is the "water box". The ski had a melted piston on cylinder 3 when I bought it so don't know if the converter had anything to do with that or not. Is there a way to check the water box for pieces, or what should I do? Thanks in advance
    welcome to the forum. I would check the waterbox for any residual pieces. A bit of advice too, if you are going to remove the waterbox, I would highly suggest doing pump tunnel reinforcement while yur back there. Inspect all hose clamps and clean the bilge for debris

Thread Information