Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    +1

Thumbs up Dyoungs Winter Mods Project

This is going to be my winter project thread. I'm sure I'll have plenty of questions along the way and plenty of pics to post so I figured I'd keep it all in one spot.. I wasn't sure if this needs to be here or in the projects section so if this needs to be moved over there, go ahead..I'll be pulling my engine this weekend so the hull can be flipped and the bottom properly trued and the entire hull repainted. I had a little mishap earlier this season with a cypress knee that was about six inches under the water. The repair to the ski was done well but when the area was resprayed the dude got overspray everywhere and it looks like s**t.The head will be ported and polished, ferrea valves ,lightweight springs and retainers will be installed...Adding the Riva ecu, 50's,Ocman's "Eric" old x-charger and a 15/22. PPG is modding the pump by smoothing out all the imperfections in the veins.I'm installing Danny's custom hybrid stockrunner/aluminum intake and I'm going to try Ross Nemos throttle body mod...Hopefully in a few months I'll have a somewhat "reliable" beast on my hands. I'm really looking forward to this and like I said before will probably have alot of questions so I appreciate in advance the help this forum will bring..

Thanks, Damon

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    have fun and enjoy it dont let it frustrate you you have time...ill help anyway i can ...

flip it over the the seadoo project ...column

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    have fun and enjoy it dont let it frustrate you you have time...ill help anyway i can ...

flip it over the the seadoo project ...column
    Cool..I appreciate it...I'll be hitting you up for one of your motor mounts in the near future.........how do I move it to the projects forum? or does a moderator have to do it?

PPG is modding the pump by smoothing out all the imperfections in the veins.
    How much is that costing you. What kinds of gains do you expect to see?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by VaRedneck View Post
    How much is that costing you. What kinds of gains do you expect to see?
    It runs between $200 to $250 depending on the amount of material they remove from the pump...According to Glen at PPG it makes the pump more efficient and reduces cavitation by making everything smooth. I might add that they're pulling the pump apart checking all the seals and bearings and repacking with grease....As far as the gains go he said a half mile an hour gain with the best gains being holeshot.....It could be b.s......I don't know, going to give it a try......when all is said and done I'll use my buds stock pump for a back to back test and post up the differences if there are any....

+1
    Cool bro, look forward to hearing the results and seeing your pics.

+1
    I didn't get a chance to pull the engine this weekend but I have some questions for when I do....
    #1 the engine only has 83 hours do I need to split the cases and check everything?

#2 I'm probably overthinking this but I'm wondering about setting the timing when the head gets back from the machine shop...I'm going to change the timing chain ,add the rr camshaft sprocket, rr camchain tensioner and install a ppg cam...I read on here that you want the #3 cylinder at tdc then mark your camshaftsprocket so you can reinstall in the same position.....but as I stated earlier new cam ,timing chain,blah blah blah.....any pointers on this.....sorry for dumb questions...learning from you guys as I go

home of the dislexic fingers breon's Avatar
    cam is almost fool proof ..lock the crank ..lock the cam ...install chain put the tensioner in loose.. ..make sure lines line up ..and the holes line up and tighten everthing...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by breon View Post
    cam is almost fool proof ..lock the crank ..lock the cam ...install chain put the tensioner in loose.. ..make sure lines line up ..and the holes line up and tighten everthing...
    cool thanks.....I have a bad habit of overthinking stuff....when it actually comes time to do the deed it usually comes together nicely.....thanks again......I'm def. making time this weekend to pull the engine so I'm sure I'll be back with some more questions

+1

a couple ?'s

#1. can I leave the fuel tank in the ski "empty of course" when I flip the hull or does it need to be removed?

#2. Is it ok to put dielectric grease on the A & B ecu connectors and pins?

thanks guy's....the motor is out ...will post pic's in a day or two

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information