Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577

    Riva Valve Retainer kit

    Riva has a kit for the retainers only now for $349.

    However -
    I have been trying to get 1 base washer for the Valve train upgrade kit for months now. Looks like I will have to buy the entire kit to get 1 washer. (Somehow that just doesn't seem right)


  2. #2
    Since its Rivas kit, and they have their own forum, i would make a post on their forum asking why you can get just one.. Their forum gets their attention..
    Or, since you have others to measure for specs on diameter, thickness, etc.. Go to Comp cams, crane cams, lunati cams websites and find one of equal dimensions.
    Most have huge catalogs with dimensions on every part.

  3. #3
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Their forum gets their attention..
    So does this one

    Bruce saw this post last night and will be sending Shobiz what he needs on Monday.

  4. #4
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    Since its Rivas kit, and they have their own forum, i would make a post on their forum asking why you can get just one.. Their forum gets their attention..
    Or, since you have others to measure for specs on diameter, thickness, etc.. Go to Comp cams, crane cams, lunati cams websites and find one of equal dimensions.
    Most have huge catalogs with dimensions on every part.
    I have communicated directly with Riva as well. So it is not like I just post here whining without trying to contact them directly. I did take a look at their parts and decided not to mix and match parts on my ski.


    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    So does this one

    Bruce saw this post last night and will be sending Shobiz what he needs on Monday.
    Thanks, Jerry. I know you are aware there have been some challenges

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    So does this one

    Bruce saw this post last night and will be sending Shobiz what he needs on Monday.
    I know that Jerry...
    If you dont read Greenhulk, your not in the loop.
    Just trying to help..

  6. #6
    SHOBiz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Wylie, Texas
    Posts
    3,577
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I know that Jerry...
    If you dont read Greenhulk, your not in the loop.
    Just trying to help..
    And I do appreciate it. I just expect to be able to get parts for a kit if needed in the future vs a complete kit in order to obtain one part.

  7. #7
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    I know that Jerry...
    If you dont read Greenhulk, your not in the loop.
    Just trying to help..
    I know that and thank you Ross

  8. #8
    hitman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Posts
    4,328
    +1
    12
    Good deal. Bruce has got me out of a bind before too. Apparently he does it for a lot of people quite often.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-28-2014, 10:02 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
  3. WTB Les cooke valve retainer kit
    By WICKEDSEADOO in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2009, 04:56 PM
  4. WTB Riva Valve Train kit
    By mxl16 in forum Sea Doo Classifieds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-27-2008, 06:26 AM
  5. riva valve train kit and tool expieriences
    By breon in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 11-03-2007, 08:13 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •