Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2003 GTX SC first time out in 2 weeks and it will only go 40 mph

2003 GTX SC first time out in 2 weeks and it will only go 40 mph last time I used it it was running great over 60 mph and I know it does not have ceramic washer issue only 2004- present.

But it seems like Supercharger is not kicking in or something that is causing a loss of power.

I forgot to mention that it was running good when I first took off, but water temp in lake was reading 58 degrees could that have any thing to do with it.

Also I looked for loose hoses and there is not anything loose or out of ordianary. I did get a maint warning and its the P1202 Any one have any ideas thanks
    Last edited by gregsgp1200; 10-09-2010 at 01:16 PM. Reason: BETTER EXPLANATION

How many hours? SC could be wore out. Probably the hose came off from the SC.

castiljd, thanks for response the skio is mint only 70 hours the people I got it from cruised between two lakes in Northern Michigan Burt and Mullet lake. I went out 2 weeks ago and it ran perfect as usual, but yesterday started off like it was fine then I noticed it was not going from take off like it usually does and top speed again only 40 .

I will check the hose, but I m not familiar with this machine too much, could you point to where it is located, thats what it sounds like something simple.

I am going to probabaly do a Riva stage 1 kit over the winter, but may get a few more days here this weekend thanks again for you help

+1
    Replace the spark plugs!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by gregsgp1200 View Post

But it seems like Supercharger is not kicking in or something that is causing a loss of power.

Greg, If this is the original supercharger then the clutch has probably finally burnt out on it. Those 03 clutches were very prone to slipping. I'm surprised you got 70 hours out of it.

Green hulk, I thought would it happen gradual or does it happen like the flick of a light switch ? thanks for your response

+1
    like a flick on those, just pull the intake pipe off the supercharger, if you can turn the turbine wheel with your fingers thats the problem

Jetskibill9999 thanks I will do that this morning, I guess I will cchange the plugs if that is not it also.

+1
    Well how did things come out for ya? Dont leave us hanging man! LOL

Well, it is not the plugs or the Super Charger, it must be the P1202 issue and I could not find a Seadoo parts place open here where I live, I am going to change both sensors but was hoping someone would be able to tell me and if possible get a photo of the second sensor I think it is in the back. Everything I read is that is the one that cause it to run slow till fixed.

I did buy a repair manual last night on ebay, buy my warm days here in Michigan could be ending before I get her fixed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information