Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

SAYREVILLE ramp free launch for Sun 10/10

Anybody for the Raritan Sun around 10-11...high tide and lots of trails...wot all day...

+1
    Dave, do you have an address for the Sayreville ramp?

I live in the area but dont know how to get there (from land), thats the first ramp on the left (coming from the bay) next to the old factory right?

I'm coming out about 12 if your staying in the river i'll meet up with you there

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra8 View Post

I live in the area but dont know how to get there (from land), thats the first ramp on the left (coming from the bay) next to the old factory right?

I'm coming out about 12 if your staying in the river i'll meet up with you there
    Its on river road in sayreville... Just put in 100 river road.. Be carefull on that ramp.. when the tide goes out its really slick...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkaddict View Post
    Its on river road in sayreville... Just put in 100 river road.. Be carefull on that ramp.. when the tide goes out its really slick...
    ha ha yeah...me and Joel (xspider)had move these 3-4 HUGE logs out of the way from the tide coming in and going out... rolling her down the ramp...but it was worth it

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Sierra8 View Post

yes...that's a large brick factory which has always been a good landmark when you don't ride up there much...pm coming your way

+1
    Ok, two things that I learned about the Sayreville ramp today. What TJ meant to say is that it is "slick" because there is 3 inches of mud on the ramp when it is low tide. You cannot even see the blocks under the mud and you will see tire tracks a few inches deep. One of the ramps is at a slightly different angle and thus less mud, so when you leave tomorrow make sure to scope them out first. I left at least an hour and a half before low tide. I'd hate to see it at it lowest.

The second thing! The floating docks there will damage your ski when tying them up, so be very careful. Although it looks like they are wooden planks on top of rubber floats, there is a aluminum L bracket between them and when boats make some wakes, it will scrape up your registration numbers. Ask me how I know. I'm just thankful that it did not damage the paint! Right at the ramps are some "lower" docks and I would suggest that you tie up there and quickly get your vehicle parked and take the ski out or have a friend hold your ski while you park. It will be in the way for the next person going in or out, but at least you won't damage your ski.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SurfRider View Post
    Ok, two things that I learned about the Sayreville ramp today. What TJ meant to say is that it is "slick" because there is 3 inches of mud on the ramp when it is low tide. You cannot even see the blocks under the mud and you will see tire tracks a few inches deep. One of the ramps is at a slightly different angle and thus less mud, so when you leave tomorrow make sure to scope them out first. I left at least an hour and a half before low tide. I'd hate to see it at it lowest.

The second thing! The floating docks there will damage your ski when tying them up, so be very careful. Although it looks like they are wooden planks on top of rubber floats, there is a aluminum L bracket between them and when boats make some wakes, it will scrape up your registration numbers. Ask me how I know. I'm just thankful that it did not damage the paint! Right at the ramps are some "lower" docks and I would suggest that you tie up there and quickly get your vehicle parked and take the ski out or have a friend hold your ski while you park. It will be in the way for the next person going in or out, but at least you won't damage your ski.
    yes, Adam that current is very strong...you have to hold on to your ski as you step on to the floating dock and pull out your rope...hmm... wonder if there's any speed gains going with a current that strong...just saying..

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jetdave56 View Post
    yes, Adam that current is very strong...you have to hold on to your ski as you step on to the floating dock and pull out your rope...hmm... wonder if there's any speed gains going with a current that strong...just saying..
    No, you missed the point. The point is if your ski rocks up and down it can hit the metal frame on the dock and damage your ski. It has nothing to do with the currents. I had no problem with the currents whatsoever. I even got it on the trailer without any issue at all.

+1
    REALLY...?? ha ha you let go of your ski with that current you'll be swimming after it, trust me..Joel was holding someones ski near the dock who went to get something from there car...the current was so strong he had to start his ski to fight to go against the current ...docks seem fine ,had the usual bumpers,no issues...that debris on the ramp is a problem..just saying

+1
    come to think of it we went towards the Drissoll br. but decided to turn around..fuel issues for all of us...the current was so strong going inland towards the Sayreville as we headed back, we turn off our skis,at least I did and let the current bring us part of the way...saves on gas LOL

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information