Genesis i's weird issues

Hi guys, I've never posted on this site before but I have read hundreds of helpful tips. Now I really need one. I own a 2002 polaris genesis i with 95 hours on it and I'm having the weiredest problem. Once started and warmed up the ski will only rev out to 5500rpms??? When i first got it, it ran welll but started to drop back to 5500 on and off and now nothing just straight to 5500rpms and just sits there. My mechanic has sussed the injectors, the fuel lines, the plugs, the leads, the coils, the compression and everything is a-ok? I'm hoping someone else has had this issue or could give me some insite cause 5500rpm is boring as hell lol. So right now it starts and runs fine on all three cylinders after a small fuel issue was fixed and revs out to max happily whilst out of the water but as soon as I drop her in bang straigh up to 5500 and coughfs a bit. I hope its not a commputer issue but any tips at all would be awesome..

P.s Im also in Australia so some of your local mechanics might be out of the question lol.

Cheers

+1
    whats your fuel pressure

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by 785 lugs View Post
    whats your fuel pressure?
    +1

Welcome to the Hulk

And red lamp or warning message on the display?

What was the 'small fuel issue'?

not sure about the fuel pressure
    I'll let u know soon. The mechanic said the reg had fallen in the tank and the fuel was filthy and had water in it. As a result the ski was only running on cylinders 1 and 3 untill he cleaned the lines replaced the fuel and cleaned the injecters. Once that was sorted it was running and idling beautifully until i dropped her in the water and the same thing happend running around at 5500rpm and not a single rpm more. And this time even more lumpy under load and take off. Also no warning lights or error codes on the commputer or on the dash.

Cheers

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by powerfulstyle View Post
    ...the reg had fallen in the tank and the fuel was filthy and had water in it.

...Once that was sorted it was running and idling beautifully until i dropped her in the water and the same thing happened running around at 5500rpm and not a single rpm more. And this time even more lumpy under load and take off. Also no warning lights or error codes on the computer or on the dash...
    I wonder how the injectors were 'cleaned'? Behind the injector tips are fine mesh screens. Check that they are clean. The tips just wiggle out of the injectors.

Do not swap injectors or tips between cylinders. Each injector+tip must remain on the same cylinder it came from the factory. Mark the injectors before you remove them (MAG, CEN ,PTO). Do not over torque the injector mounting bolts.

Also, do not operate the injectors without being clamped into the cylinder head.

Correct spark plugs installed? NGK PZFR6H only - no substitutes.

You have read the EMM trouble codes? After your on the water test?

Do you have access to another EMM? That would be the quickest way to verify whether the problem is with the EMM, or the rest of the system.

Thread Information