Mercury Storage Seal Instead of fogging oil

Iím getting ready to winterize my jet ski and I was looking to buy some fogging oil. I couldnít find any but someone recommended Mercury storage seal and told me that it would be the same as fogging oil. Will it be ok if I use Mercury storage seal? Thank you for you replies!

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    Cleveland OH
    I wouldn't substitute. Just order a can of fogging oil if you can't find it locally.

Do you have a boating supply or repair place near you? They should have some.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    near Toronto, Canada
    I could find very little information online regarding Mercury Storage Seal. It is unclear if it comes in both spray and liquid forms, nor what the difference is between it and normal engine fogging oil.

Why is Storage Seal Rust Inhibitor not recommended in the newer EFI and OptiMax engines?

Storage Seal Rust Inhibitor uses a thick base designed to protect the internal engine surfaces. In some applications we have seen a build up of the thick base inside the injectors, causing the injectors to stick or operate incorrectly.

On these models we recommend Quickleen and 2-cycle engine oil as a replacement for Storage Seal Rust Inhibitor. Quickleen is used to clean the injectors. The engine oil lubricates, as well as prevents rust from forming. We continue to recommend Fuel System Treatment and Stabilizer to help prevent the formation of varnish and/or gum in the gasoline.

Always follow the storage procedures outlined in your Operation, Maintenance & Warranty manual and Service manual.
    It is unclear to me how spraying Mercury Storage Seal into the engine air intake or spark plug holes could clog the fuel injectors

Cabot Arkansas
    If you have an Advance Auto Parts close they usually carry Penzoil fogging oil.

Thread Information