Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

PX "hole shot" mods.

O.K. ,after seeing Ksalles awesome results, and facing the imminent dominance of the 300X. I've decided to go ahead and do the mods needed to keep up, but I'd like to accomplish more than just top end speed with the basic mods. I care more about "out of the hole" acceleration. and I also want my engine compartment to look better in the process. I rarely ride in glassy water, so I need to be able to hook up in the chop too. I'd like to know which mods would be the best with those criteria in mind. I will be doing the mods throughout this winter.
    By the way...I'd be willing to trade paintwork for parts in some instances.

+1
    Worx grate performs best in choppy conditions for px.
    Riva rideplate gives speed,and better cornering.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by sn-95 View Post
    O.K. ,after seeing Ksalles awesome results, and facing the imminent dominance of the 300X. I've decided to go ahead and do the mods needed to keep up, but I'd like to accomplish more than just top end speed with the basic mods. I care more about "out of the hole" acceleration. and I also want my engine compartment to look better in the process. I rarely ride in glassy water, so I need to be able to hook up in the chop too. I'd like to know which mods would be the best with those criteria in mind. I will be doing the mods throughout this winter.
    By the way...I'd be willing to trade paintwork for parts in some instances.
    an ET Charger. They have pretty sick torque.

+1
    Dont ride rough water very much anymore, but dont matter how much power you make if you cant get it to hook up at speed it does you no good. I also hear the Worx grate is best for rough. You may ask about R&D closed course grate it is supposed to hook up better than their other grate, but I dont know anybody running it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Dont ride rough water very much anymore, but dont matter how much power you make if you cant get it to hook up at speed it does you no good. I also hear the Worx grate is best for rough. You may ask about R&D closed course grate it is supposed to hook up better than their other grate, but I dont know anybody running it.
    What benefits does the Worx have over stock?

Quote Originally Posted by Ocman View Post
    an ET Charger. They have pretty sick torque.
    That sounds cool, but I need to stay on the cheaper side. "like the mods Ksalles did"

If I want to stay cheap, are those mods already mentioned the only way to go? What I mean is, are all the "hole shot" mods more pricey like a new SC?

+1
    I have a buddy with a new "leftover" 250x that I ride with. I can give him several ski lengths and let him leave, I pass him before I get settled on the ski. lol Now the new 300x, I don't know anything about it. With that said, I had a 250x before and the hull kicks a$$ in rough water. Being I have a P-X and not a T-X, his ski would eat my lunch in rough conditions. I ride mainly rivers and plan on keeping it that way. I feel like I'm beating my [email protected] up in the rough and I don't like the salt water on or in my equipment. Thats the beauty of Louisiana, the diversity of areas to ride being it fresh or salt. Best of luck with your ski. Do as these guys tell you...especially the ones speaking from experience.

+1
    What benefits does the Worx have over stock?
    Just as good hookup with more top speed. And I would do all the other stuff like Ksalles did. Maybe leave the stock nozzle on, because that is more a top speed mod, and mine seemed to loose a little acceleration going with a 83mm nozzle.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by troyheb View Post
    Just as good hookup with more top speed. And I would do all the other stuff like Ksalles did. Maybe leave the stock nozzle on, because that is more a top speed mod, and mine seemed to loose a little acceleration going with a 83mm nozzle.
    That sounds good. I'll be on the lookout for a Worx grate. I'll be taking care of the ride plate holes, and probably do the intake. Are there any really good looking intake setups? I'd like to do the exhaust mod, but I don't want to disturb others. "I really hate the huge stock exhaust hose though".

+1
    I wouldn't say my intake is "good looking" as you requested...lol I have to say it does appear to be functional. I really wanted a rear air, but for the $ I ended up settling for a used 4" front setup and ran it without the filter. I don't know if you saw it from my other post, but i used the stock trumpet, or bell, part of my ultra250x stock airbox, cut it and inserted into the kanaflex. It gave it a pretty nice sound and seems to be performing ok considering.
    That sounds good. I'll be on the lookout for a Worx grate. I'll be taking care of the ride plate holes, and probably do the intake. Are there any really good looking intake setups? I'd like to do the exhaust mod, but I don't want to disturb others. "I really hate the huge stock exhaust hose though".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bellmouth.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	47.1 KB 
ID:	217227   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake1.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	65.8 KB 
ID:	217228   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	intake.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	50.6 KB 
ID:	217229  

I run a les cooke 4inch intake and a r&d free flow exhaust, i noticed a big improvement in responsiveness. Depends on your budget but if your chasing accelaration sort your intake and exhaust then i would look at going with an a-kit x wheel, 8400 reprogrammed ecu from les and 3 blade 14/19 skat impeller u should expect a mid 70's rocket ship!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information