Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

XPL Bilge Pump Setup and Wiring Help

Hi All,

Just got some questions on bilge pump setups in your XPL's as ive recently blown my old rule that I had on a switch....

Firstly how is your bilge hose routed from the pump to the through hull fitting in the pump area on your ski's? Mine does a loop around the shock where it attaches to the seat but still manages to syphon water in very slowly when im not moving.

Secondly, The replacement pump ive got with is a rule 500 fully automatic which is what these ski's come with stock. The plug for it is giving out 12v according to the voltmeter but wont run the pump? If i connect it to the battery direct it does run and does its cycle thing. Any ideas?

Also the replacement pump has three wires, - (negative), + automatic setting, + always on. Should I just seal up the always on positive and just use the automatic setting?

Thanks in advance guys,

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by kidafa View Post
    Hi All,

Just got some questions on bilge pump setups in your XPL's as ive recently blown my old rule that I had on a switch....

Firstly how is your bilge hose routed from the pump to the through hull fitting in the pump area on your ski's? Mine does a loop around the shock where it attaches to the seat but still manages to syphon water in very slowly when im not moving.

Secondly, The replacement pump ive got with is a rule 500 fully automatic which is what these ski's come with stock. The plug for it is giving out 12v according to the voltmeter but wont run the pump? If i connect it to the battery direct it does run and does its cycle thing. Any ideas?

Also the replacement pump has three wires, - (negative), + automatic setting, + always on. Should I just seal up the always on positive and just use the automatic setting?

Thanks in advance guys,

Chris

Have you checked the ground side of that circuit? It grounds out in the rear electrical box. If that checks out ok then you probably just are not getting enough current out of the mpem to run it.

Don't see why you can't wire it up both ways. Having a toggle switch as a back up method of turning it on wouldn't be a bad thing.

+1
    I have an XPL, if you need any pics of my stock bilge setup or wiring let me know.

"Tearing it up on the water" seadoobutch787's Avatar
    It funny in 98 seadoo put those pumps in there xp's i had a 97xp and all that thing did was take on water.....

+1
    Hi All,

Thanks in advance guys,

Chris
    Hey Chris , you ned to run the hose up around the shock so it doesnt syphon back in the hull when you are stationary.
    The mpem sends 12 volts to the bilge and the auto sequence kicks in and if water is present it will keep running until it senses no more water then it will shut down. While the engine is running the bilge will cycle every 30 seconds(from memory) to check for water being present.You need the 25s model to be fully automatic with the xpl wiring loom.

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Hey Chris , you ned to run the hose up around the shock so it doesnt syphon back in the hull when you are stationary.
    The mpem sends 12 volts to the bilge and the auto sequence kicks in and if water is present it will keep running until it senses no more water then it will shut down. While the engine is running the bilge will cycle every 30 seconds(from memory) to check for water being present.You need the 25s model to be fully automatic with the xpl wiring loom.
    Hi Trevor,
    I've got the hose going around the shock at the moment but it still seems to back syhpon a tiny bit when the skis stationary. I did some testing with the wiring and if I use the stock ground and positive no go but if i use the stock ground and run my own positive direct to the battery it will work. So there is something up with the positive somewhere in the ski Its weird cos on the multi meter its showing 12v before i connect the pump up. I have purhcased a 25S model which is the auto model, thing is the OEM ones have three wires so it can be hooked up to a three stage switch (OFF, FULL ON, and AUTOMATIC) Automatic being what we have on our stock pumps all the time in these boats.

Quote Originally Posted by seadoobutch787 View Post
    It funny in 98 seadoo put those pumps in there xp's i had a 97xp and all that thing did was take on water.....
    When I purchased the ski the bilge outlet was full of silicon and no pump was present, perhaps this could have been previous owners issue too?

Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    I have an XPL, if you need any pics of my stock bilge setup or wiring let me know.
    Pics of the hose routing would be nice, thanks!

Having an in 7 days time and having some time of work and study ect to help recover, with any luck I can move around a bit so I can get this sorted, my starter motor quirks and the large hex bolt that attaches to the stinger so im set for the season.

+1
    Every 25s I have purchased comes with only 2 wires so ??? With the m/meter on terminals from mpem while ski hasnt been touched (lanyard off and no press stop /start button)for 1 minute what does it show ?

+1
    Pics of the hose routing would be nice, thanks!
    Which hose exactly? The bilge, cooling system or just everything inside the hull?

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    Every 25s I have purchased comes with only 2 wires so ??? With the m/meter on terminals from mpem while ski hasnt been touched (lanyard off and no press stop /start button)for 1 minute what does it show ?
    Will check ASAP the ski isn't kept at home

Here's the pump:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0064.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	217774

Name:	IMG_0063.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	47.3 KB 
ID:	217775

Quote Originally Posted by badjoka View Post
    Which hose exactly? The bilge, cooling system or just everything inside the hull?
    Just some of your bilge pump hose where it routed. thanks mate.

+1
    Here are some pics of the bilge (really doesn't show much); would a hose diagram be better?

Name:	ski1.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	118.0 KB 
ID:	217783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ski2.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	97.6 KB 
ID:	217784

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information