Post Polaris SLH 700 non start

Hi i am new to this but hoping i can get some help, I have a 1999 slh 700, i currently have no spark but occasionally does spark very but very weak . I have heard this could possibly be the stator and that a cdi upgrade would fix this problem??????? also how do i know if my ski hasnt already had an upgrade. Any advice would be great thanks

It's a JEEP thing...You wouldn't Understand dirtdude35's Avatar
    welcome. check the information link in my signature. for the update you will need to open your electrical box and find the part number on the CDI

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Giulio_18 View Post
    Hi i am new to this but hoping i can get some help, I have a 1999 slh 700, i currently have no spark but occasionally does spark very but very weak .

I have heard this could possibly be the stator and that a cdi upgrade would fix this problem??????? also how do i know if my ski hasn't already had an upgrade. Any advice would be great thanks
    Welcome

Number one reason for no spark or weak spark is a weak battery.

Make VERY sure you have a strong battery. While cranking the battery voltage must stay above 10.6 volts, or you will not have spark. Voltage is measured using a multi-meter, not the MFD digital display.

Thats great i will try this first and look up the part number of the cdi, will post again soon thanks

I have checkedthe part numbers on my cdi and stator and they are P N 4060148 and P N 4060176 are these the old part numbers or the upgade parts thanks

+1
    I have checkedthe part numbers on my cdi and stator and they are P N 4060148 and P N 4060176 are these the old part numbers or the upgade parts thanks
    That is an original ignition system CDI part number.

Thanks what should i do now then is a new ignition system the only answer??????????

+1
    Thanks what should i do now then is a new ignition system the only answer??????????
    You do have a strong battery in there now - correct?

Battery voltage while cranking must be over 10.6 volts.

Find the Red/Purple wire that goes directly into the CDI module. Is it connected to the other Red/Purple wires, or to Orange?

In either case, connect your multi-meter probe to Red/Purple that goes directly into the CDI (without unpilugging anything) and measure the voltage while cranking. Black meter probe to the Black terminals. Again, the voltage while cranking must be over 10.6 volts.

yes ive checked the battery and checked that it has a good voltage at the red/purple wire all seems ok, i was tols to check the stator by unplugging the brown wire from the cdi to the stator and check the voltage there while cranking it read 2.73v and was told specified was inbetween 7-9v??? and other checks i can do????

+1
    yes ive checked the battery and checked that it has a good voltage at the red/purple wire all seems ok, i was tols to check the stator by unplugging the brown wire from the cdi to the stator and check the voltage there while cranking it read 2.73v and was told specified was in between 7-9v??? and other checks i can do????
    You checked the Brown wire voltage coming from the CDI - correct?

If yes, then it looks like you need the Ignition Upgrade Kit.

Look in my signature links to find the Upgrade Kit part number, and a listing of Parts Sources.

Thread Information