Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Water In Catch can

I went out riding yesterday and when I got back home and emptied the Catch can about 1.5 oz of water came out. No oil and no fuel which is what I normally get out of it. I also took a pic of the plugs 3-2-1 cylinder 1 is a little darker then the others? What do you guys think?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0218.jpg 
Views:	324 
Size:	67.2 KB 
ID:	217310Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0219.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	94.5 KB 
ID:	217309

Banned User
    +1
    did it sit for a long time since your last ride? that still seems like it'd have to sit in the rain to collect that much condensation.... doubt it did that with all the nice stuff you got in there ......

Only sat a week. I did some searching on the site and found some people saying a little is normal but whats a little. I checked the oil and its fine and the coolant overflow don't have an oil ring in it so im hoping that's good and its not a head gasket. Just really curious how that much H2O got in there. Im going to pull the intercooler next and have a look at that.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonstang88 View Post
    Only sat a week. I did some searching on the site and found some people saying a little is normal but whats a little. I checked the oil and its fine and the coolant overflow don't have an oil ring in it so im hoping that's good and its not a head gasket. Just really curious how that much H2O got in there. Im going to pull the intercooler next and have a look at that.
    Jason, when i ride in the cool weather i see more condensation. Its possible that riding early that morning when was cool was the difference. But i have never seen that much either.

+1
    In the cooler months, motors will produce more moisture in the crankcase. In a stock application it would probably just be drawn into the intake, and pushed through the exhaust when you first start the ski. Being you have a catch can, all the moisture in the crankcase is just gong into the catch can. The water is probably somewhat normal, but is does appear to be an elevated amount. If you rode for short periods of time and are not letting the ski stay at operating temp for a decent amount of time, it could just be condensation from that. Best of luck to you and hopefully its nothing serious.

6. +1 by:

It could be it was kinda cool but I know its been cool before and I've never seen water come out. I was also telling Bryce about my boost gauge. I checked it with my air compressor and 35lbs on my a/c was only 25lb on my jetskis boost gauge and 21 on my other autometer gauge. Very inconsistent. So my actual boost readings may be lowering then they actually are. The other thing I checked was the RRFPR since my fuel pressure drops when I get on the throttle instead of rising. I primed the pump with the key set it at 55lbs and hit it with 20lbs of air which should of added 20psi of pressure and I actully got only 10psi of raise to 65lbs. This is also telling me that for some reason my boost pressure isnt doing the same thing as my air compressor is doing. Im scratching my head here with this.

Banned User
    +1
    what rrfpr do you have? hope you dont say turbosmart.... cost me some dollars!!

+1
    Would not worry about that if your oil is fine. Probably normal.

I'm running an eBay special which is prob still 1 better then the turbosmart. I'm going to upgrade my fuel lines,regulator,rail in the near future so maybe this will help me out. As far as the water I'm going to make note how much and check it again next ride.

Jason did you leak test the intercooler?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information