f12x oil over fill

hi come from northern ireland not many honda,s over here bought a 2002 f12x 180 hours on her all going great untill my dad stuck about 2 leters of oil into ski thinking that the upper mark on stick was the fill level.next time out went ok run abit chuggy then on flush at home seems to be oil comeing out the back end and a sensor to the right of oil filter oil comeing out of that too..and a oil water mix leaking into the hull aswell..nightmare..could an overfill of oil do all this..i now know about the right way to check the oil thanks to this forum..my dad is going to do the work on ski as the dealers over her say odear when they here its a honda plus charge 450 usd just for oil,filter and plugs service..do you think the overfill oil has pushed up passed the rings and thats why oil is comeing out of exhaust and should burn off i hope..any help on this would be great..was going to buy parts from alljet.com are they good..thanks ryan

+1
    $450 is crazy. It is very simple to do.
    Just make sure to suck all the oil out of both the front and rear oil holes. Also make sure to change the filter when you do the oil change. You can order the filter from any Honda PWC dealer.
    As for what is causing your problem most likely the oil has pushed out the crank case vent line and into the intake and that is why it is going through the engine. Just change the oil and filter. Only refill with 4 quarts (you can convert to liters) when changing the oil. No more is needed.
    As for the plugs, do not replace them unless it is not running correctly.
    Additionally, make sure to keep the turbo/ wastegate actuator sprayed with CRC 6-56 or some anti-corrosion spray.

thanks for your reply. i will try to do that.

Any pics or links to where and how to spray the wastegate?

+1
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Honda Turbo Waste Gate.jpg 
Views:	770 
Size:	49.4 KB 
ID:	217535

spray the whole turbo but espically focus on the part in red. Spray it every ride is saltwater and once every few rides in freshwater.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post

spray the whole turbo but espically focus on the part in red. Spray it every ride is saltwater and once every few rides in freshwater.
    Great picture!

Quote Originally Posted by thomasdjames1 View Post

Awsome! I knew what the wastegate was and where it was but now everyone will know that looks at this thread. Nice to know where to spray it down, I thought it needed to be done internally. So if you have to spray the outside down why didn't honda just make it out of stainless steel? Rhetorical question. Thanks for the input.

Thread Information