ZXI 900 stalling issues - HELP!

Anybody want to buy a 96 900? I am sick of this one.

So I rebuilt the carbs to fix a top end problem which I did but now I have a low end issue. Basically the ski idles great. As soon as the throttle is stabbed the ski stalls out. Idles at 1500 or so and dies by the time it hits 2k rpm. Now if I feather it through I can get it to run great at WOT but as soon as it hits 2k it stalls.

Some background:
    I rebuilt the carbs and used the needle spring that closely matched the original spring in the carbs. There was three in the kit. After putting back together I couldn't get the thing to start. I used carb cleaner and starting fluid and it would run then eventually stall out. I figured it was getting a fuel. I put in the smallest spring and it started and idled great now this is where I am.

On the hose it appears to run great. No signs of stalling. Immediately in the water it has the problem. I've spent three days for a couple hours on the bank adjusting the carbs and have had no luck only worse. Today I tube the limiting caps off and put the settings at stock which is where they were anyway. When it was on the hose it had a hard time reaching 6-7k rpm. I adjusted the H side to 1/2 turn out when I started at 3/4. It seemed perfect but on the water it was same issue.

So on the water I adjusted the screw from 1 1/4 to 1 and it stalled out sooner and worse than before. I adjusted it back out rich a few times eventually ending with 2 turns out and it was still acting bad. When the choke is pulled at 2 turns out it stalls. After getting fed up I pulled it out and now it won't start so I'm guessing it is way too rich.

I am at a loss here and hope someone can help.

Does anyone think an intake gasket(gasket below carbs) that has been reused over and over would cause something like this? I know that is pretty basic but just curious.

+1
    What do the spark plugs look like?

Well from what I've been reading I am not sure the 96 900 ZXI has the carbs with an Accelerator Pump. If you all could tell me what types of carbs I have that would be a start.

I pulled the plugs and they are pretty black and wet.

I think I might try to put the old springs back in for the needles to see if that changes anything. Worth a shot I guess.

Just got back from the water after changing back to the old springs because I didn't seem to have the problem before the rebuild and no change. I didn't even get it off the trailer and it just stalls when stabbing the throttle from idle.

Plugs are really black and wet and the thing seems to smoke A lot. It still has the oil pump on it so I wonder if it is choking itself with oil.

What should the pop off pressure be on these carbs?

Ok update: Went back in like you said to use air. Took all three carbs down and blew out with 100psi. Found a fuel filter o ring cut so replaced it. Checked all the pop off pressures and they were 28/29 lbs. Nothing out of the ordinary. Changed the plugs and away we went. Completely acted the same way. 2-3k rpm it abruptly but smoothly stalls out. Feather it through and runs great top end. Adjust L speed mixture from 1 1/4 to 1 1/2 and also down to 1 but doesn't matter it gets worse.

Does the middle one need to be different at all? Does anyone really know Why these carbs do this? Is it stalling because of lack of fuel since the 1100 have an accelerator pump? Should I just upgrade to the 1100 carbs and if so does it matter which year? Has anyone went to premix and solved the issue?

Thread Information