Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

need a new impeller to match upgrades

want to first off thank jerry and the members for this site and for all the great info--- so here's what i got 06 gtx limited / riva catch can,4" kanaflex intake,x-charger with rotax racing washers,42# bosch injectors,r&d tilt ring and intake grate, ride plate holes filled,opas block ups,solas 13/18 --- hole shot is arm breaking but top speed is lacking i know it is because of the 13/18 i know i need new impeller or old one modded conditions on last run was water temp 72 ish air temp 85 rpms is topping out at 8160 speed below 68.3 mph ( water was so rough was unable to see gps clearly but never went over max speed set ealier in the year at 68.3 mph )

1. if repitching what is best
    2. if new impeller what is best
    3. what else should i do to the ski

+1
    My advice is go with the 15/20R impeller. Run the impeller and see where your RPM's fall. If it needs a little more pitch send the impeller to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Bayou RXP can vouch for my impeller pitching abilities
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/show...ck-intercooler

my 09 wake pro 215 had similar upgrades done a week ago, and it didn't work out so well when i took it out sunday. i know the trim wasn't adjusted properly, but i could only get it up to 65 mph on the speedo (used to be 70 and 65.8 on GPS), with a 15/20 prop, and only about 7500 rpm. could adjusting the prop compensate for 500+ rpm difference?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by got wake? View Post
    my 09 wake pro 215 had similar upgrades done a week ago, and it didn't work out so well when i took it out sunday. i know the trim wasn't adjusted properly, but i could only get it up to 65 mph on the speedo (used to be 70 and 65.8 on GPS), with a 15/20 prop, and only about 7500 rpm. could adjusting the prop compensate for 500+ rpm difference?
    If you installed a properly functioning X model supercharger on your ski with adequate slip moment then you should have no problem turning 8000+ RPM.

I would check the slip moment, check for a boost leak, etc.

i checked the slip before installing it (it was a 10 hour take off), and it was 125 in lbs. how do i check for leaks? the high pressure line is secured with otiker clamps and seems solid. could cavitation or the trim not being adjusted cause it to be 500 rpm lower?

+1

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    My advice is go with the 15/20R impeller. Run the impeller and see where your RPM's fall. If it needs a little more pitch send the impeller to me and I'll take care of it for you.

Don't think twice about sending the the hulkster your prop for pitching, not only did he do a hell of a job but he told me the exact rpm's I would run an sure enough he was right on.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post

jerry this is a gtx limited not a rxp are sure about that impeller sound steep

+1
    Not sure where your at in cincy or where you ride at but I used to live in lawrenceburg....I'm now in indy, but launch out of lawrenceburg, and ride the ohio river almost every week....I've got a 14/19r untouched, 15/20r untouched, 15/19 3 blade(I think that's what it is....whatever comes in rivas stg 3 kit for a rxp) and a brand new oem rxp prop if you wanna meet up and try them out before buying a new impeller...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by b_dolla44 View Post
    Not sure where your at in cincy or where you ride at but I used to live in lawrenceburg....I'm now in indy, but launch out of lawrenceburg, and ride the ohio river almost every week....I've got a 14/19r untouched, 15/20r untouched, 15/19 3 blade(I think that's what it is....whatever comes in rivas stg 3 kit for a rxp) and a brand new oem rxp prop if you wanna meet up and try them out before buying a new impeller...
    yes call me at 513 460 0816

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by idoodou View Post
    jerry this is a gtx limited not a rxp are sure about that impeller sound steep
    This is a 215 HP ski... basically an RXT. With an X charger installed on it then yes, definitely a 15/20R. If you go with a 14/19 you will be giving up speed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information