Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Fast Flow Fuel Lines

http://www.pwctoday.com/f158/david-s...uy-304643.html

Here's some interesting input on that Fast Flow Fuel line site. Looks like he's been having some troubles.

+1
    Interesting for sure

Canadian Beaver Inspector jkindt's Avatar
    So.....kinda hard to trust the colored fuel lines.....where do we get the good black rubber uscg certified fuel line from?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jkindt View Post
    So.....kinda hard to trust the colored fuel lines.....where do we get the good black rubber uscg certified fuel line from?
    No there fine..... sounds like you cant trust the company anymore. Not sure in Canada, but I just go to the local Ace hardware and buy their clear fuel/oil line

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by ujustlost View Post
    No there fine...
    There may be high quality colored fuel line available somewhere, but where exactly is unclear. Obviously neither http://fastflowfuellines.com nor fuellines.biz is going to work anymore.

It sounds like the supplier for this stuff changed the chemical ingredients or manufacturing process, and removed some or all of the stabilizers and other expensive things required for the material to stay flexible and not degrade over time.

Until someone points us at a supplier of genuinely good stuff, stick with high grade automotive, or even better, Marine grade fuel line.

Marine rated fuel line, that is compatible with Ethanol, is preferred
    USCG TYPE B1 SAE J1527 NMMA TYPE ACCEPTED (ISO 7840)
    J1527 A1 is also acceptable, and the A1 hose has a fire resistant outer coating
    SAE J1527 Type B2 (and A2) is for fuel tank vent hoses only, do not use B2/A2 for fuel lines unless it is also B1/A1 rated.
    From what I can tell, the current version of these marine fuel hose ratings is for up to E10 (Gasoline with up to 10% Ethanol blend)
    From the PWCtoday thread;
    Quote Originally Posted by SxiPro View Post
    ...it all sucks a$$ now. Colors change almost immediately and the crap gets brittle. Better off without it.
    Quote Originally Posted by merlin1128 View Post
    ... Fastflowfuellines has NOTHING to do with me.... The fuel line quality went to garbage and I am not going to sell garbage, but my ex-partner did not care and decided to keep it going and came up with his own website...

I know he had his 150% guarantee and is not standing up to it because I receive PM's on it all the time. ... from what I hear he is ignoring everyone. I am sure if you purchased something from him you would hear from him, but complaining about something you won't hear from him...

From what I hear he is a sinking ship and out of stock on a lot of stuff and has back orders from months ago....

helix racing makes colored fuel lines

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by K447 View Post
    There may be high quality colored fuel line available somewhere, but where exactly is unclear. Obviously neither http://fastflowfuellines.com nor fuellines.biz is going to work anymore.

It sounds like the supplier for this stuff changed the chemical ingredients or manufacturing process, and removed some or all of the stabilizers and other expensive things required for the material to stay flexible and not degrade over time.

Until someone points us at a supplier of genuinely good stuff, stick with high grade automotive, or even better, Marine grade fuel line.

Marine rated fuel line, that is compatible with Ethanol, is preferred
    USCG TYPE B1 SAE J1527 NMMA TYPE ACCEPTED (ISO 7840)
    J1527 A1 is also acceptable, and the A1 hose has a fire resistant outer coating
    SAE J1527 Type B2 (and A2) is for fuel tank vent hoses only, do not use B2/A2 for fuel lines unless it is also B1/A1 rated.
    From what I can tell, the current version of these marine fuel hose ratings is for up to E10 (Gasoline with up to 10% Ethanol blend)
    From the PWCtoday thread;
    what he said was that you cant trust the colored fuel lines and thats not the case, I have these lines on all my ski's as does the rest of my family and never had any problem other than the color fadding a bit after a couple years. It does appear that they have come across some bad lines and service now so I definetly would not buy anything from them/him/whoever is responsoible for the company now. But its safe to say that a huge majority of the lines that are out there from this comamy is just fine, just don't buy anything new and it doesnt really matter because if you do it sounds like you wont actaully get the line anyways.

I personally hate those black lines, in the past I bought from the fuellines.biz place like everyone else, but now I just buy the clear stuff from the local hardwrae store, or the yellow tygon stuff but its pricey. I like to be able to see the fuel and more importantly the oil in the lines.

I have zero knowledge about Canada's marine laws but I know here in the states the black marine grade uscg approved fuel line is required by law. I personally could not care less and have been pulled over to many times to count and never once has anyone looked at my fuel lines or anything uder the seat for that matter.

I don't know the pricing on the black USCG approved lines, but I get the clear stuff for about $1 foot

+1
    I purchased a bunch of fuel line from Dave. Mine have been in service for 15 hours and no signs of discoloration. Too early to tell about them getting brittle.

i also use the clear lines i like it so i can tell if the fuel pump is working and the oil pump is working they have been one there some times now and no sighns of deteration or cracking and still very flexable

+1
    the yellow tygon is GARBAGE it's to soft and when it gets warm under the seat the stuff starts to collaspe "SP"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information