Thread: Premix ratio

Premix ratio

I have a 1200 PV that is being rebuilt. I plan on running premix oil/gas. What is the mix ratio for break in and what is the ounce pe rgallon or five gallon to get the right mix. Also what should be the ratio after break in. And the mix ratio per gallon or five gallons of gas.

Thanks for the help.

Happily Self-Employed
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by lt92 View Post
    I have a 1200 PV that is being rebuilt. I plan on running premix oil/gas. What is the mix ratio for break in and what is the ounce pe rgallon or five gallon to get the right mix. Also what should be the ratio after break in. And the mix ratio per gallon or five gallons of gas.

Thanks for the help.
    (heavy sigh)...

I recommend 40:1 ratio once broken in on EFI and carb'd models

Break-in opinions vary, but I recommend 28:1-30:1 for the first 10 gallons or so.

Get a ratio-rite or other mixture bottle and it should have the ratio and gallons on the side

Superman!
    +1
    40 to one is 16 oz of oil for 5 gallons of fuel. for break in most like wfo said 30 to one, or 32 to one. for 32 to one thats 20 oz of oil for 5 gallons gas. run it at 40 to one after break in. plastic waterbottles are usually 16.9 oz's so you can fill one, then pour a shot and be about right (just dont take the shot of 2 stroke oil). get a mix bottle i got one at a boat store for about 10 bucks. then you can pour the right amount of oil, and transfer it to a gatorade bottle, then your good to fill up on the water. keep one bottle mixed for 2.5 gallons (8 oz of oil for 40:1) and either 1 or 2 bottles with 16 oz in them.

recommended break in that ill be using is run it for 15 minutes, not going more than half throttle, varrying throttle speed, then let it cool down for 30 minutes, then ride it for 30, not going above half throttle much, and not on wide open for more than a couple seconds, then let it cool for 30, then you should be set to go.

i cant wait to break mine in soon, it might be difficult cause the waters probably cold this time of year but well see.

Thread Information