Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The RXP has got to be electronically governed!!!

I picked up an RXT and an RXP last month and have to believe that the top speed is limited by an electronic governer. I was in Laughlin, NV last week on the Colorado River, air temp 115, water temp was 85, elevation about 500. And no matter what we did the top speed was 70 MPH on the digital. It didnt matter if my aunt who weighs 98 pounds rode with a ski that was empty on fuel, or my brother in law who weighs 300 with a full tank of gas, the ski topped out at 70 MPH.

On my Suzuki crotchrocket, they are limited at the factory at 165 MPH top speed but you cut two wires off of the ECU and you can push it close to 190. I'm convinced there is a similar thing with these see-doo motors, has anybody found anything like this, it just doesnt add up.

Also my RXP has a leak somewhere, if I leave it over night at the dock, the next morning it has 8 inches of water in the hull, Yes I have checked the drain plugs several times and I'm thinking there has to be a failed gasket near the impeller shaft or something like that. Anybody heard of any problems.

Two more questions.
    1. where does the bilge pump push the water out too?
    2. what are those red and blue hose things coming out of the right side of the hull just under the bumper rail?

Thanks in advance

+1
    Your machine is not governed but your speedo tops out at 70.

+1
    My digital won't read over 70 either, i suggest if you want to know your true top speed you should get a good gps and put your 98 pound aunt on that ski.

There is a reason why they are called dream-o-meters....they aren't accurate like a car or motorcycle's speedometer.

+1

Re: The RXP has got to be electronically governed!!!

Quote Originally Posted by G23lover
    Two more questions.
    1. where does the bilge pump push the water out too?
    2. what are those red and blue hose things coming out of the right side of the hull just under the bumper rail?

Thanks in advance
    There is no bilge pump on your ski. There are bailer tubes in place to siphon out water when you are running your ski.

The red and blue hose things are your battery and fuel vent.

Most speedos on the RXP's will not read past 70. Even if you are only doing a true 67 on GPS the speedo will read 70.

Speedo stops at 70. The items on the side of the ski should be a battery vent and a fuel tank vent if I'm not mistaken. The RXP doesn't have a bilge pump. Uses siphon "bailers".

Why would they make the speedo top out at 70? What is the advantage to bombardier?

It cant be cheaper to make one that only goes to 70.

Probably because a stock RXP,RXT doesn't go 70 and speedo is so inaccurate I bet the speedo would read about 75 when you are at top speed. If it's modded you should have a gps anyway.

+1
    When i run 77+ on GPS my speedo only reads 70.

There are some people that report their speedo will read higher than 70. I guess its all in the way it was programmed.

Craig, you need to find out where the water is coming from, 8" overnight means you have a slow leak somewhere, this can't be good for your ski.
    Are you in saltwater?
    I would look around the drive shaft for starters. Pull ski out of water with water inside to see if there's an obvious leak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information