+1

Lightbulb RXP-X cavitation after SC mod

Hi Folks!

I verify in all RXP-X (I have 2 RXP-X and other friends have more than 10 units of this model) after you change the supercharger impeller, from X-charger, XX-charger or XXX-charger (Riva) or others (Mini Rude, 2 Rude, Rude 3) you have problems with cavitation. With OEM pump impeller you can have a good and punch jet at start. But, your RPM is very high. When change impeller to a untouched 15/22r from Riva, the cavitation is the same, but, your RPMs down and your mph is increased. I try change the intake, and test is as results:
    a) R&D +3mph intake = + 2mph and cavitation increased.
    b) Riva intake stage1 = +0.8/1.5mph and cavitation is the same as oem Intake
    c) R&D deep intake = +0.8mph and cavitation low, but exist.
    d) Works grate = ??mph and cavitation?? (I buy it but don't install).

Please remember/have in mint: With OEM X charger impeller, you don't have cavitation and you sea doo rxp-x is a punch jet with stock reduction nozzle!!

If have this modifications: Intake upgrade kit, ECU Riva (+titanium springs - of course), 50lbs injectors, X-charger, 15/22r untouched, catch can, 4'' flex air filter, exaust free flow, riva pump edge (stage1kit), reduction nozzle with 83mm ring... 8580rpm and a incredible cavitation at start if the first buoy is more close of start line, one rxp-x all stock win!!!

Some people write to change the impeller wear ring from oem to stainless, but this is not a final solution. I try this in one RXP-X 2009: I try made a seal shaft kit with 2 seals back and 1 seal at front - close to PTO. Works very good, but, not a final solution too... In havasu at this year I see in some pumps a different impeller pump cone, but never see this for sale in websites.

Sea Doo Centre was in Havasu with a new GTX model for racing. Incredible punch jet with great hole shot. Note GTX have more large tan a P-X model. I beliave this have a magnum pump of course - same as a dragster tire shoesss!! Good job mens!

The pump shoe don't have any air, I try sylicon this and... cavitation. In last, I install other new impeller, the same 15/22r, and... cavitation. I whant for a PUNCH SEA DOO (at start). It's possible??

Thanks for all replyes. I will try all.

Greenhulk? Snoman? Eric Speedfreaks? Reid2168? gp1300r? - all users and experient modifyersss. Thanks 4 help!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    Hi Folks!

I verify in all RXP-X (I have 2 RXP-X and other friends have more than 10 units of this model) after you change the supercharger impeller, from X-charger, XX-charger or XXX-charger (Riva) or others (Mini Rude, 2 Rude, Rude 3) you have problems with cavitation. With OEM pump impeller you can have a good and punch jet at start. But, your RPM is very high. When change impeller to a untouched 15/22r from Riva, the cavitation is the same, but, your RPMs down and your mph is increased. I try change the intake, and test is as results:

Please remember/have in mint: With OEM X charger impeller, you don't have cavitation and you sea doo rxp-x is a punch jet with stock reduction nozzle!!

If have this modifications: Intake upgrade kit, ECU Riva (+titanium springs - of course), 50lbs injectors, X-charger, 15/22r untouched, catch can, 4'' flex air filter, exaust free flow, riva pump edge (stage1kit), reduction nozzle with 83mm ring... 8580rpm and a incredible cavitation at start if the first buoy is more close of start line, one rxp-x all stock win!!!

Some people write to change the impeller wear ring from oem to stainless, but this is not a final solution. I try this in one RXP-X 2009: I try made a seal shaft kit with 2 seals back and 1 seal at front - close to PTO. Works very good, but, not a final solution too... In havasu at this year I see in some pumps a different impeller pump cone, but never see this for sale in websites.

Sea Doo Centre was in Havasu with a new GTX model for racing. Incredible punch jet with great hole shot. Note GTX have more large tan a P-X model. I beliave this have a magnum pump of course - same as a dragster tire shoesss!! Good job mens!

The pump shoe don't have any air, I try sylicon this and... cavitation. In last, I install other new impeller, the same 15/22r, and... cavitation. I whant for a PUNCH SEA DOO (at start). It's possible??

Greenhulk? Snoman? Eric Speedfreaks? Reid2168? gp1300r? - all users and experient modifyersss. Thanks 4 help!
    Bro I have no Cavitation at all with my setup. My Liner is in good shape as well.

Banned User
    +1
    gonna need to get someone to play with that leading edge to help prevent the cavitation. http://www.seadoocentre.com/pumpparts.htm
    top of the page is the adjustable pump cone you most likely saw on some of those pumps. i have no personal experience with it myself but i did see one of the open boats with one FWIW

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    gonna need to get someone to play with that leading edge to help prevent the cavitation. http://www.seadoocentre.com/pumpparts.htm
    top of the page is the adjustable pump cone you most likely saw on some of those pumps. i have no personal experience with it myself but i did see one of the open boats with one FWIW
    As Mike said, you need the prop pitched, the stock X prop is like a 13/21 where as the prop you put in has a 15 leading edge, you either need your stock prop pitched for propper rpms or get the solas prop leading edge pitched for better holeshot, that will sort your cavitation.

You are cavitating coz you have more low down power with the new SC and it is making more torque which is spinning the prop up.

The better option would be to get the solas prop re-worked as you will lose the cavitation and get your holeshot back and make a good gain in top speed., Also need to make sure the wear ring and carbon seal are in good condition as both of these can contribute.

R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeXteR View Post
    Hi Folks!

Seadoo Centre sell the cone you saw, I have 1 it works very very well!!

That GTX was a turbo with anti lag/launch control and yes it would have had a 162mm skat pump, fully built race ski. R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Seadoo Centre sell the cone you saw, I have 1 it works very very well!!

That GTX was a turbo with anti lag/launch control and yes it would have had a 162mm skat pump, fully built race ski. R88
    What do you say about - set back the prop? more close to vanes as possible... Works good?
    With Riva ECU and XXX-charger (and necessary components as Riva Racing Fuel Press. Reg.), what pitch you reccomend? change one untouched 15/22 to and 16/24, is good? I have the watcon impeller pitch tool. I never use this...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike H View Post
    Mike H, thank you for attention with me and your help!
    I will contact sea doo center to verify the price and order this part.

Banned User
    +1
    no prob. like i said i have never used it myself but you mentioned it and i'm glad to point you in the direction if thats what you want.....

as far as your prop i don't think 16/24 is going to do it. going to need a lower leading edge. think of it like the higher the number on the leading edge the "less" grab of the water it gets allowing it to rev more freely, on take off that will cause more cavitation. there's a real science to it! i can mess with the trailing edge on my own to somewhat dial in WOT rpm's but there's a lot of speed in these props and to tap into all that power/speed its easyier IMO to talk to someone who's been doing it for years (speedfreeks, duke, etc) and let them set you up.

Thread Information